Electric 58 Apache

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Probably won't be long before you will be able to go to the APP store and download and APP that works with the throttle position sensor to make some sort of sound that would be projected to speakers on the outside. Hopefully it will include shift points. What the sound will be, I have no idea. Beethoven, Bach, Twisted Sister, a wooshy wooshy sound, :scratch
So you guys should all start recording your engine sounds and selling them to the electrics.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I hope you know that was no slight on the truck or your son. People have spoken about electrics being so quiet that accidents with pedestrians have happened. And the thought of some form of noise is not original to me. I was just thinking that it could be tied to the TPS or the newer gas pedals for differing levels of sound based on speed. I personally don't really want an electric, however who knows what the future holds as they get better. As for sounds, I think the solution is obvious. Simply put a 409 under the hood. Problem resolved.:D

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I went up to Salt Lake for #1 grandson's birthday and got a ride in the 58 electric truck. I'm still trying to clean my shorts. That thing is scary fast on the go. It was like a cat shot off a carrier......had to be at least 2.5 G's at least. Slammed me back in the seat so hard it was scary.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congratulations to Casey. While it's not necessarily my forte, you cannot deny there is a growing demand for the electrification of older cars. Vintage Voltage is a show I watch based out of Whales that converts vintage cars to electric. It is becoming quite popular here in the states and abroad. There is a market for it.

409envy

Well Known Member
Not trying to take away from what your son has done but I don’t get it. To me electric cars are about as exciting as watching paint dry. He basically created a 59 Apache golf cart... but if that’s the popular thing now a days I guess the parade must have passed me by. I will never own one and will never rip the heart and soul out of any vintage car or truck to replace it with an electric motor. And just for reference I’m not some 80 year old get off my lawn type, I’m 39 and just don’t care for electric vehicles. That’s all.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I'm not into electric cars either but the engineering and wherewithal to put something like that together I admire and respect. On the other hand those things are bad A$$ fast and would love to take a ride in one to be pressed in the seat by something that doesn't make any noise, Lol. Anyone who is into hotrods has to like super acceleration to the point it presses your eyeballs back in your head!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's becoming pretty straight forward nowadays. You can purchase a kit for lots of applications. Yes there is fabrication of battery boxes and mounts etc, and you will have to do wiring. Gee, just like all the other hot rodding we do, however soon the market will have lots of kits like the LS swaps.