Electric Cut-offs / Dumps

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I'm curious about the electric cut-offs. We had an earlier thread on these with some members having had them installed.... and reporting to be very pleased with them.

Could these units be installed with, an otherwise reasonably standard exhaust system for an X-frame car?...yet still be somewhat concealed from a "street /side view"? Even if a bit of custom work would be involved?

Standard cut-offs/dumps would be fine with me...but it sure would be fun to open up these "dumps" at the flick of a switch. If, in your opinon, the old style cut-offs would be your choice...please let me know.

P.S. I've heard these W engines, "unmuffled" ...:eek: :beerbang

Ron

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
electric exhaust cutouts

My neighbor has a '61 Buick Invicta Conv. 401 c.i. that he had elec. cutouts installed in his stock exhaust system. They put the cutouts toward the front and ran pipes along the X frame with exits forward of the rear wheel openings. He had two toggle switches wired in for control. They work great and have NO LEAKS. Everyone who has seen and heard them has been very impressed. He bought these online. They were quite spendy but high quality. Leo

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Leo....

If possible, I'd be interested to know what type of electric cut-outs your neighbour was using. These things need to seal well and..... not all do. My search has uncovered several models. A friend of mine has purchased the "Pypes" version...(not installed yet) plus I've found the link below with sound clips which "sounds" pretty good.:dunno

Thanks for your reply.

Ron

http://www.dmhperformance.com/