Electronic controlled Automatic Transmission 6L80e

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just had a buddy buy a 6L80e transmission to run in his classic car. He is going to run a paddle style shifter on it. Anyone running one of these in their classic car? Any thoughts?

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice trans, stronger than a 700r4, and it will be nice once he gets a stand alone controller and gets it set up with the paddle shifters. However I prefer the simplicity of and non computer controlled shift, and of running my lockup with a pressure switch off 4th gear in the valve body and a simple 12 volt source from the break light switch. But I am living in the past, so what do I know. Sounds cool.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice trans, stronger than a 700r4, and it will be nice once he gets a stand alone controller and gets it set up with the paddle shifters. However I prefer the simplicity of and non computer controlled shift, and of running my lockup with a pressure switch off 4th gear in the valve body and a simple 12 volt source from the break light switch. But I am living in the past, so what do I know. Sounds cool.
I've been looking around on here and it seems like we are all living in the past. Lol! I'd figure out a way to make it shift from the floor.