Englishtown goes bankrupt?

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have just read about that.
To bad.:(
Is that not the track that has seen a lot of records set at? Something like the air was real good.:dunno2

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
This track is about 1.5 hrs. from me. I've been to it several times, but not for the drags. They did have a Spring and Fall swap meet which was quite large. A lot of good stuff at one time. I guess they will still have that. Just unfortunate another one bites the dust, Carmine.

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
'Attended an NHRA event there in the late '90's while I was living in PA. Facility had a cool stadium like vibe to it.

BTW, my local dragstrip (Crossville TN) ceased racing last fall. New owners spent a ton of $ to buy it a couple years ago and then spent a ton of $ to renovate. They did a great job! Hard to understand why they closed it so soon after spending so much money.

It's for sale or lease if anybody is interested!

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We've lost three tracks around us in the Dallas, Ft worth area, but are getting a new one 25 miles from the Texas Motorplex. It's 35 miles from my house. It's going to be a nice 8th mile all concrete facility.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Barry, which ones have we lost and where is the new one. I have always thought there is a big need for one in the north DFW area.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Kennedale Raceway will not reopen, The nice IHRA track in Crandel has been shut down for several years and probably will never reopen. Redline Raceway in Caddo Mills hasn't been open for several years now but has changed owners. The new track is on I45 near Ferris and is called Xstream Motorsports Park. This will be a nice track and will open in March. The track in Denton has geared up for the no-prep, radial tire bunch.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Kennedale was dangerous. Been many years since I was there.

First time I raced there I thought I was going to die!

Barely 2 lanes wide, people standing about 6” on either side and that tree at the finish line.

That’s where my friend crashed Dick Harrell’s Z-11 car into that tree!!!