Ever hear of an under hood welder?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A good friend of mine died, I'll be helping sell some stuff. One thing he used to sell was an under hood welder, it runs off a 160 amp alternator. He also sold the alternator upgrades required to run it. You mount the welder under the hood of your car or truck and you got a welder whenever you need it.
Ever hear of one of these? Any idea what they are worth?

Be good for you weekend drag racing guys.

Don

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I had a customer that made those welders. He offered to put one in my dually. Made about 300 miles and cooked my battery!!! New battery and new alternator and I was back on the road!!!!! Headed to Pate swap meet.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You're right.

C Welding

Premier Power Welders allow you to weld stainless, mild or high-carbon steel and aluminum with no size or plate thickness limits. Premier's high-frequency pulsating DC current allows you utilization of any AC or DC electrode up through 1/8" at 100% duty cycle. The Premier allows both welding and battery charging using #4 cable leads up to 500' lengths with minimal loss of heat.

icon-arc-square.png

HELI ARC (TIG) Welding

Power for Heli-Arc (TIG) welding for stainless steel and aluminum.

icon-heli-arc-square.png

MIG Welding

Power for MIG welding with up to .035" solid or .045" cored wire.

icon-dc-square.png

POWER OUTLET

Premier's control box has a 115-volt DC (maximum 2300 watts/20 amps) power-outlet jack for non-fluorescent lighting and brush-type power tools: grinders, drills, saws, and blenders, frying pans, blow driers, etc.

icon-battery-square.png

BATTERY CHARGER

Premier allows you to charge batteries from 6 to 36 volts in just minutes.