Exciting News

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Yesterday I received a call from Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington, home of the NHRA Northwest Nationals. This year is their 60th Anniversary, July 4th to be exact, and they have asked if we can bring our 348-409 race cars to be in their NW Nostalgia Tour Exhibition on July 4th. They are not going to charge us for tech cards because they invited us. This should be a lot of fun. I hope we can get a good turn out to include our Western Canadian friends Will Zoric and Aubrey Bruneau.

Paul

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I might just take the CASHguzzler409 out to see what it can do, just an 1hr 1/2 away from me.
After having the engine redone last year, besides I've only had it at the raceway once, and that was
in Kentucky (2016), turned 18.5, it was more of a horse ride that a drag race, Phil can attest to that..LOL:roll. I had just finished up restoring the car and trailed it all the way from Seattle. Got to the line, took off, and when I shifted to second, that's when she started to buck, I forgot to bolt down the seat, it was going back and forth, I was trying to shift, keep my foot on the gas, man that was one scary funny run down the strip. I'll never forget that ride, back and forth, shit... 18.5 with 409...how sad. :burnout

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I talked with the track Monday and they are planning only racing Saturday and that will be in the evening. They will open up for early parking starting Thursday. Perfect chance for Joel to visit family and Dave and Marina to vacation in the NW.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I talked with the track Monday and they are planning only racing Saturday and that will be in the evening. They will open up for early parking starting Thursday. Perfect chance for Joel to visit family and Dave and Marina to vacation in the NW.
Vacation???? What's that?

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Joel, there is going to be racing on their road course during the day on Saturday. Drag racing will start late afternoon/early evening. I don't think anything is going on, for us, on Friday.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I might just take the CASHguzzler409 out to see what it can do, just an 1hr 1/2 away from me.
After having the engine redone last year, besides I've only had it at the raceway once, and that was
in Kentucky (2016), turned 18.5, it was more of a horse ride that a drag race, Phil can attest to that..LOL:roll. I had just finished up restoring the car and trailed it all the way from Seattle. Got to the line, took off, and when I shifted to second, that's when she started to buck, I forgot to bolt down the seat, it was going back and forth, I was trying to shift, keep my foot on the gas, man that was one scary funny run down the strip. I'll never forget that ride, back and forth, shit... 18.5 with 409...how sad. :burnout
Hey hey hey. Slow cars need love too. A factory 1958 Impala with a 348 (210hp) and a powerglide did 17.3 in the quarter mile. My Wagon did 16.2 but I do have a dual quad edelbrock intake and 3000 stall. Factory cam and exhaust kills me the most. 18.5 is a spirited run down the track. :D