Exhaust manifold question---

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
The lead page shows a 409, pair of quads, 62-64 pan, generator,etc. looks like a real nice engine job, but it looks to have '65 manifolds on it. A 65 Chevy has to have those because the early hi po manifold won't fit the frame,but would that engine with the '65 exhaust manifolds fit the X frame? I never tried that one.

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Another question on the 65 exhaust manifolds,i have always heard that they worked out good on a 55 chevy with 409.I am sure some of you have tried this,i never owned 55 always wanted one came close a couple of times but was a few days late on both .

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Wonder if they also would work on a Nova/Camaro subframe,since the steering box on those cars is in the approximate location of a 65 Impala. If someone wants to build a street rod using a Nova subframe and suspension,this might be an answer. The 55-57 question is a real good one as well.I guess someone here needs to try it and see, then let us know. I remember reading somewhere about someone crashing a 57 Nomad, bent the frame in front of the firewall, the owner cut the frame off and had a serious welding shop splice a Nova subframe onto the 57 frame with excellent results.Sure would improve the handling,brakes,and the engine and trans mounting over the 57 frame.