exhaust ports/headers question...

409deuce

Hello all!
I have a 64 409 with the 348/409 commercial truck style 333 cylinder heads and I'm shopping for headers. Actually looking for over the frame lakester style headers for my 32 highboy. They (sanderson and patriot) advertise these style headers for 409's. My question is... is the exhaust port design the same for all 348 and 409 engines? Want to be sure before I order the 409 headers. Thanks for your input!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site!:cheers All 348's and 409's share the same bolt patern and exhaust port layout so any headers will bolt on. The actual ports on the high performance heads may be larger but they're basicly the same, so as long as the tubes will clear the frame etc. you're all set. That 409 would look great in a 32.:beerbang If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and try posting a picture or two.

hotrod 409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
sanderson limefire headers

Greetings, saw your question about sanderson limefire headers. I just received and installed a set on my 1931 F**D 5 window coupe high-boy. I too am using low HP heads. They bolt right on :) By the way I am also using a 3x2 bbl set-up and the now avaliable MSD electronic ignition. Looks great:clap
best regards
hotrod409

409deuce

Hi guys,
Thanks for the kind welcome. Thanks also for answering my header question Jim. Hope to be mounting the body and the 409 onto the new frame this week for engine mount and rear axle centerline locations. Hotrod409, I'm planning on a tri-power as well for a late 50's early 60's theme, wide whites highboy deal. Not sure if I'll go with the sandersons or the patriots? Would like to see some pic's of the 31though. Thanks guy's!

mw5cvs.jpg

mw5egg.jpg

Attachments

• 409 on floor.jpg
    409 on floor.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 32 home.jpg
    32 home.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 19

hotrod 409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
sanderson headers in '31 F**D coupe.

Hi will post pictures when I return from 3 weeks in the sunny south (Punta Cana Dominican Republic) :D . I hope I can figure how to post pictures. never done it before. Your motor looks cool:clap What is the manufacturer of body. looks good
Best regards
hotrod409:cheers