Facts

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I received this today and wondered what it was, it was an eye opener. Read this and then click on the link as well, its really amazing to see the stats! Just to see that since 911 we haven't lost as many people as in years past. I really wish we could get the "true" facts out of our news media but its too corrupt.

Forward this to all of your intelligent friends. Is not reporting all the facts a form of Media Bias?
Here are some interesting statistics.

These are some rather eye-opening facts:Since the start of the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan , the sacrifice has been enormous. In the time period from the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 through now, we have lost over 3000 military personnel to enemy action and accidents. As tragic as the loss of any member of the US Armed Forces is, consider the following statistics: Here are annual fatalities of military members while actively serving in the armed forces from 1980 through 2006:
1980 ........ 2,392
1981 ....... 2,380
1984 ........ 1,999
1988 ........ 1,819
1989 ........ 1,636
1990 ....... 1,508
1991 ........ 1,787
1992 ........ 1,293
1993 ........ 1,213
1994 ........ 1,075
1995 .........2,465
1996 ....... 2,318
1997 ........ 817
1998 ....... 2,252
1999 ........ 1,984
2000 ........ 1,983
2001 ........ 890
2002 .......... 1,007
2003 ........ 1,410
2004 ........ 1,887
2005 ......... 919
2006.......... 920

If you are confused when you look at these figures...so was I.

Do these figures mean that the loss from the two latest conflicts in the Middle East are LESS than the loss of military personnel during Mr. Clinton 's presidency; when America wasn't even involved in a war? And, I was even more confused; when I read that in 1980, during the reign of President (Nobel Peace Prize) Jimmy Carter, there were 2,392 US military fatalities!

These figures indicate that many of our Media & Politicians will pick and choose. They present only those "facts" which support their agenda-driven reporting. Why do so many of them march in lock-step to twist the truth. Where do so many of them get their marching-orders for their agenda?

Our Mainstream Print and TV media, and many Politicians like to slant; that these brave men and women, who are losing their lives in Iraq, are mostly minorities! Wrong AGAIN--- just one more media lie! The latest census, of Americans, shows the following distribution of American citizens, by Race:
European descent (White) ....... 69.12%
Hispanic ................................... 12.5%
Black........................................... 12.3%
Asian ........................................... 3.7%
Native American ...................... 1.0%
Other ............................................ 2.6%

Now... here are the fatalities by Race; over the past three years in Iraqi Freedom:
European descent (white) ..... 74.31%
Hispanic ................................. 10.74%
Black ....................................... 9.67%
Asian ....................................... 1.81%
Native American .................... 1.09%
Other ......................................... .33%

You do the Math! These figures don't lie... but, Media-liars figure...and they sway public opinion!
(These statistics are published by Congressional Research Service, and they
may be confirmed by anyone at: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf )

Now ask yourself these two questions:
"Why does the mainstream Print and TV Media never print statistics like these?"
and "Why do we have to find out this information on the web?"
:scratch :cuss : :grumble:

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Do you think maybe because there are more White people in the army there are more white people killed.
QS409

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
I'm sorry, i meant military personnel. it would be interesting to compare not only deaths, but all the other serious wounds associated with combat, in the same time frame. i don't want to debate politics or war, but i think it would only be fair if all combat related health issues were compared not just deaths. you and i know the evening news won't give all the facts.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm sorry, i meant military personnel. it would be interesting to compare not only deaths, but all the other serious wounds associated with combat, in the same time frame. i don't want to debate politics or war, but i think it would only be fair if all combat related health issues were compared not just deaths. you and i know the evening news won't give all the facts.

Click on the link in the original post and I think you will find the answer to your question. Tables 5 and 10 address the breakdown of other deaths and casualties.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil, Thanks for posting that...:clap Here are a couple things I would like to add.

Stating the Facts (No Brag, Just Facts!)

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of 'empire building' by George Bush.

He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."
It became very quiet in the room.

Then there was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break one of the French engineers came back into the room saying "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush & nbsp;has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intended to do, bomb them?"

A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: "Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and f rom their flight deck.. We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?"
Once again, dead silence.

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conferen ce that included Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, 'whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English.' He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?'

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied 'Maybe its because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.'
You could have heard a pin drop!