Fast Back

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Fastback Nova I found in my file of misc. junk. Was this powered by a W?

Attachments

• 082a_1.JPG
    082a_1.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 98

oil4kids

Well Known Member
I spoke with Dick Milner who drove the Alan Green Z11 fastback Nova, a month or so back, Nice guy !!

that car may still exist in florida somewhere without the motor

was one of a batch of fastback novas for Bill Thomas, theres one one ebay right now without the fastback option, however .......real?

Back in the day Milner told me that if a car got out in front of him he would just hold out first gear a little longer......7 grand 8 grand .... ah the good old days when parts were available or somewhat available

and no, hes not named after the guy in American Graffitti but i did ask.

Attachments

• milnernova.jpg
    milnernova.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 76

oil4kids

Well Known Member
yes I know, I was referring to his last name but why did George Lucus pick Milner out of all the names, ie Smith, Jones etc

you may remember in American Graf. 2 John starts racing a pro drag car a dragster at the track, Dick Milner was popular on the west coast years before the movie

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Graffiti

Well, being as it got brought up, I just got this info on a local event:

Happy Birthday American Graffiti​
When George Lucas asked, "Where were you in '62," he was talking about only one place. His home town of Modesto.

The streets of Modesto are where George Lucas cruised! And it was those teenage years of having fun and rolling on the roads of the Central Valley that set off a wave of American nostalgia following the release of American Graffiti in 1973.

We’re honoring the 35th anniversary of American Graffiti and its place in our local heritage with an all-day celebration at the State Theater on May 31st, 2008. There will be cars, including the original, screen-used T-bird driven by Suzanne Somers, and other exciting "Graffiti memorabilia" on display at the State and nearby Anderson's Gallery. A fun and educational program from 12:00-2:00 (free admission) will include presentations from members of Modesto’s Faros car club, which Lucas featured in the movie. Candy Clark, who played "Debbie" in American Graffiti will also speak, and cinematographer Haskell Wexler will make a rare appearance as part of the anniversary celebration.

A Rock 'n Roll and Doo-Wop Review featuring songs from the soundtrack will hit the stage at 4pm and a 7:00pm screening of American Graffiti will conclude the day’s event. The film will be preceded by a talk from the dynamic and renowned film historian Peter Kramer. Peter spoke at the Star Wars 30th anniversary event last year at Modesto Junior College, and is returning from England to speak about American Graffiti’s place in American movies and popular culture. It will be an amazing tribute to our local jewel of American nostalgia, a jewel placed here by our own George Jr.!

Modesto has a rich "California car culture" history, and that is no less evident than in Gene Winfield’s connection to the valley. Gene is a legend in custom car creation, and got his start opening an auto shop right here in Modesto back in 1946. After relocating to southern California, he went on to make a number of custom creations for the film and television industry, including the shuttlecraft from the original Star Trek series, and the famous "Spinner" automobile from the sci-fi classic Blade Runner. We are very excited to have Gene back in Modesto to talk about his years of amazing work and the good old times growing up right here! He will be part of the panel discussion that kicks off at noon and will be signing copies of a recently released book written about him.

Remember, when Harrison Ford sang "Some Enchanted Evening," he was singing about hot summer nights cruising in Modesto, not Petaluma or Reno. Be there or be square!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Sounds like a good event. I wish some of us were closer. Take pictures!
robert

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Will do! There are supposed to be a lot of new local cars out this year; Graffiti will go on for a week or two, so i should get some pics.

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Will do! There are supposed to be a lot of new local cars out this year; Graffiti will go on for a week or two, so i should get some pics.

I could only wish. When I was 18 I got to see where it happens in modesto. But I was not there at the right time. Still very cool to say Ive been there. Id put that and woodward ave on my 2 biggest car places Ive visited. Please get some cool pics for us. Is there a web sight for the cruise?

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The city kinda locked down or restricted the cruise to the official car show participants, so I don't know of any official web sites. This was inevitable after all of the little bangers and their hondas began to "participate" in the cruise, crashing their crap into some pretty nice cars, shooting at each other, etc.

The week before the official graffiti night there is normally a show every night at different local businesses owned by enthusiasts; City Tire, Al's Furniture, Tradeway Trans, Mike's Roadhouse, etc. Then the manin show is on the MJC campus, where I will probably try to get most of the pics. Also, the Fruityard, a few miles out of town, puts on their own show, concert, etc. So it is a couple of weeks of cars, all of the motels and parking lots are full...and a few of were actually here in '62 also!

It's a lot of fun, and I am lucky to live right in the middle of it. I could walk to everything, but usually I let my wife drive the Nova and we make the rounds. (That takes courage!).

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
California.

Dave; Us Hot-Rodder's owe a debt of gratitude to California.:clap They have been the trend setter, since the beginning. If it wasn't for these early racers and companys, where would we be.:dunno Skip:)

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Milner and Indiana Jones

hey man whats a field car?

and Im starting a Rogain collection for Paul