Fast Old Fiberglass

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was visiting with one of my buddies this afternoon. He races a 3050 LB 58' Corvette in the NPSA Drag Radial Class. 400 ci. Dart smc & Powerglide with niteras. This past weekend his best two passes were 1.26 60' 8.55 160.86 MPH and 1.27 60' 8.56 160.87. on a 8.8/275 15 drag radial. Not to shabby for a full frame old Corvette...:brow

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He just switched to the drag radial this year. His car is only license to go 8.00. last year during eliminations he ran a 7.57 and a 7.59 with the big slicks on it. Needless to say the track frowned on that so he went to the drag radial. The first few passes this year he would get out about 1/4 track and the thing would go up in smoke. Finely he figure out that the thing was coming up on the wheelie bars so he adjusted them up all the way but still it was doing the same thing. Then he decided to take the wheelie bars off. The track officials were not to hot on that idea but finely gave him the nod. Now the first 1/4 track it carries the front tires at about 18" with the times I posted earlier. Here is a pic of the car last year. Bottom left.

http://www.npsaracing.com/page17.html

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
check out this old vette! notice the name on the side!

Attachments

• 2zog4zo.jpg
    2zog4zo.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 85