Fawn Memory- 61 Impala bubble top with a stroked 409

hot_rod_hooligans

Well Known Member
Sorry about the engine, that sucks.
Yeah…. Definitely not something I want to deal with right now, but it’s an opportunity to do some things that I have thought about doing for a while, but was very low on the list just because, well why take apart a good running engine to port and polish the heads and repaint the block? Why pull the motor to clean up wiring and a few small rust spots creeping out of seams in the frame and core support?

It’s going to be a little bit before I actually get to start work on the 61. I made a decision I can’t work on the 61 until I finish the 89 Comanche and 96 Cherokee that’s been sitting behind/in my garage since I drug the truck home almost 7 years ago, combining them together to effectively make a 96 Comanche. I’ve got probably 90% of the parts needed to complete the Comanche in the 96 Cherokee. I’ll likely replace the starter, alternator, water pump, brakes, etc. but in all, it should be low cost to finish, just going to take time.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
enjoyed reading your post and the times you were able to spend with your Dad .....will be interested in your tear down when you get to it. Good luck! Dean