Finally getting to build a 348 Stroker

GaryO

The last registration I found on the car was from the UK in 1999. Then it apparently went to a dealer in Ohio to dealer in Texas to an individual in Washington State. He collected Anglias, Topolinos, Willys and when he retired he needed extra money for his other projects (who doesn't!) and listed it for sale on HAMB. Don't know much else about it's individual history. It's just a fun little thing to drive around in with it 4 cylinder 8 HP engine. I've had golf carts in my neighborhood pass me! I'm a little undecided but I think I'll keep it right hand drive.
As far as the lack of water jackets on the heads I agree on the possible temp issue but most of the time it won't be run real hard (just for a 1/4 mile at a time).

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The last registration I found on the car was from the UK in 1999. Then it apparently went to a dealer in Ohio to dealer in Texas to an individual in Washington State. He collected Anglias, Topolinos, Willys and when he retired he needed extra money for his other projects (who doesn't!) and listed it for sale on HAMB. Don't know much else about it's individual history. It's just a fun little thing to drive around in with it 4 cylinder 8 HP engine. I've had golf carts in my neighborhood pass me! I'm a little undecided but I think I'll keep it right hand drive.
As far as the lack of water jackets on the heads I agree on the possible temp issue but most of the time it won't be run real hard (just for a 1/4 mile at a time).
I want a T-shirt that says: "It won't be run real hard (just for a 1/4 mile at a time)" I've never had the chance to build on my early block and heads yet so my experience with the issue is only limited to what I have heard hear. I'd probably at least find some cheap 333 heads and see if the block can be drilled. Don't need much power on such a tiny car anyway.