Finally out and about under it's own power.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
It's nice after 4-1/2 years finally being able to move the car around on it's own. Everyone on this site has been a tremendous help.
10-24-08023-1.jpg

11-12-08019.jpg

ImpalaEngineDyno001.jpg

ImpalalawnOct2011006.jpg

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very sharp !
A guy can't hide anything, with a black car. But when they're freshly done (right), it's one of my favorite color's.
Very nice !

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:beerThat is one fine ride. So what are you going to do with all your free time this winter?:roll

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Still have all the side glass and operating mechanisms left, then the interior needs to be finished too.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
On Dyno it had just under 400 H.P. and 454 ft. lbs torque. It has a fairly mild hydraulic cam and a dual plane intake. I went more for the 1500-5000 RPM range when I selected the cam. It is a nice little motor. I had the guys that used to build my circle track motors do it. 3970010 4-bolt block with a forged stroker crank and forged rods with flat tops. A bit over 10.3 to one. Edelbrock heads with Comp Cams roller rockers and a 670 cfm Holley. Moroso 7 qt. pan. Billet MSD HEI distributor.I had a Barry Grant 650 cfm Mighty Demon and a regular 750 Holley double pumper on it on the dyno. They were within 10 h.p. of each other. I had it out and beat on it a little today just up through third gear. Runs really nice and sounds good out through the flowmasters at around 5 grand. 3.70 posi rear with a Tremec TKO 600 with 2.87 1st and 1.89 2nd gear she really accelerates quite nicely. It will spin the tires pretty good even from 1st to second. Still getting used to it and haven't strayed to far from home. The Borgeson steering box is nice. I am running 2-7/8 degrees of posive caster and 1/2 degree of negative camber. I haven't set the toe yet but probably will this week. I have Wilwood 4 piston calipers with a manual brake master. Stops good but haven't driven anything with manual brakes since my race cars. It is going to be a fun car.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:bow Kevin, glad it is time for some fun so enjoy. That combo is similar to the vette I put together 6 yrs. ago. That fifth gear on the highway will cruise very nicely and surprisingly quick once you are used to driving it.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Beautiful car Kevin!!!! Glad to see all your hard work has paid off in such a beautiful car!!!!