Finding Rubber Flooring for Biscayne

60biscayne

Supporting Member 1
Does anyone know where or whom makes original looking rubber Complete Flooring for a 60' Biscayne???? I spent alot of time, searching on Google, alot of these sites state they have it, but you get on their site, and all they have are rubber floor mats, or carpet for Biscaynes. I got the name of one place, from this forum, called them, and they pretty much said that what they had was solid color stuff, and wouldn't look like the original flooring. :dunno Any help ,I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! 60Biscayne/:eek:

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You might try giving Phil Reed a call. He has lots of NOS stuff. :dunno

Classic Motor Co. (Phil Reed)
PO Box 14398 10520 River Road
Kansas City, MO 64152
Phone: 816-587-1109 Fax: 816-587-6809
philreed@sound.net

60biscayne

Supporting Member 1
60 flooring

It has a quite rough texture to it, bumpy like, the color is marbled, kindo of a black and gray combo. The place I called only had solid colors, with very little texture. They use it in Taxis, cop cars, etc. Probably smooth for easy cleanups, if you know what I mean. Ours is so brittle, it just snaps off in pieces. BUT, the same material piece under the package tray,in the front of the trunk, is still flexible, figure that one out? UV Rays, maybe???

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
more info

Last time I talked to them about Carpet, they told me anything they can do in carpet they can do in rubber. Will have to talk to them I quess.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I have spent the last three evenings cutting out the old floors in my 62 Biscayne so I can replace the new sheetmetal. I found remenants of the old rubber floor under the rubber channel that the wiring harness is in. I'd like to find the original flooring also, but have had no luck. I have the fawn interior and my floors were black and tan.

60biscayne

Supporting Member 1
NOt Available

I personally talked to Phil Reed today, and he seemed quite knowledgable on the flooring. He said, as far as he knows, THe textured original type rubber flooring is not being reproduced. He said, of course, carpeting is readily available, and the rubber stuff that the one company I called makes is fairly smooth, and solid colored, not like the original stuff. Sounds like we're screwed. You'd think with all the interest in the lightweight Biscaynes, someone would be reproducing it!::grumble: