First drive in 32 years

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
When I got my ‘57’s bodywork and paint done, I thought my bodyman was going to rebuild everything with my help. It took 7 years and wasn’t what you might say was good. Got it back as a complete painted shell. Put it all back together myself over a couple years. My point here - sometimes doing something like this can really get to be overwhelming and you want to throw in the towel. Advice - do it at your own pace. Sometimes you’ve just had enough and it’s OK to walk away from it. Sometimes it may be days or even weeks. It will be there when your fire is relit. Just keep plugging away and one day you’ll be really proud of your accomplishment and yourself.

Fuzz

MAGA

67ragtop

Thanks a lot, i know what you mean. Im chasing wires now and its driving me crazy. I like welding and turning wrenches.. Not chasing wires. Im sure its something stupid im over looking and it will hit me like a ton of bricks some day. The 57 in the pic looks really nice from here.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
When I got my 68 Chevy II running, somebody had made many many splices in the wiring. I decided it would be easier and cheaper in the long run to buy both wiring harnesses from the fuse block. The one for the lights and the alternator which now has an internal regulator, and the one for the switched key power for the ignition the blower fan and the starter HEI and wipers. Switched it from the resistor wire and resistor to an HEI connection.I started farthest away from the fuse block and plugged everything in had no issues and it took me about an hour to do both harnesses. Didn't need any fires or shorts on my investment. They did both cost me together about 300.00. Pretty cheap compared to how much money I have in everything else. Just a thought, congratulations and I can imagine how you feel after all this time to be able to drive!:driver Keep Dreaming!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Last edited:

67ragtop

Thanks. i thought about the wiring harnes, just on a budget right now. I did just discover that the headlight switch is bad. Gonna get one of those and a dimmer switch justvto be safe and hopefuly all is well.