First time on the road in 3 years

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well we made it, quite a thrash in the last week or so but we got the 63 out for the club's first cruise
Saturday...........:happy

Had to go the 20 miles return with open headers..........sounded great.......ooooooeee.....:eek

you can just see the open header behind the front wheel..........goes for exhaust Thursday.......

a guy in town will custom fab a system cheaper that I can buy the parts for.........:deal
she'll be all ready for Kansas............:dance
:cheers
bj

download.spark
download.spark
download.spark

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Where's the pics,new headers,fenderwell or side exit??????.............really no pics!!!?????

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks great. Don't take this as criticism, but please swap to a dual reservoir master cylinder since you actually drive your car. In my opinion it's one of the best safety upgrades you can do and it's not expensive at all. If you stay with the drum brakes you could probably buy the correct cylinder and all the lines and fittings for less than $50. I have almost lost my car on 2 different occasions due to the rear brake hose. Either time it wouldn't have been as much an issue if I'd switched to a dual reservoir sooner.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I completly agree with Jason about the master cylinder,and yes,that car looks NICE!!!!!!!!

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
Very nice, I wasdriving my 63 with the headers open, then got pulled over by the cities finest on a clear streach of highway. I was expecting to get a ticket, but all he wanted to do was see and talk about the car. What a nice suprise. As far as the master cylinder, I fully agree on the duel system. On mine I ordered a master cylinder for a 67 full size Chevy with drum brakes from the local parts store. Make sure you specify drums front and rear.
It will give you a backup in case of failure. Good luck with your ride

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanx for the comments guys..........it's been a long time coming.....:beer
........and yes I will look into that M/Cyl for a 67 full size..........:coffee

bj

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
.......the pics at the top are about it Mike.........underneath is covered in the undercoating from hell,
so I just cleaned it up.......:rolleyes.......the car is going to be a driver ........:cool:
here's one pic that proves it made it out for our first cruise about a week ago
bj

63 409 at the cruise.jpg