Fishing

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought a license this year and have not used it once :doh Good to see someone is out there I can live vicariously through. Good luck. Maybe I can sneak in something before the year ends just to say I did.:pray

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fishing was always one of my favorite things to do. We never had land to go hunt but always were able to go to a river or lake and catch fish. I still have my first fishing pole my grandpa fixed up for me the first time I ever went fishing. Hoping to pass it to my boy in the next year or two when I take him fishing for the first time!

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Been out the last 3 days. Finally caught 3 smallies today. Fingers are froze.View attachment 76371

Dave,

Smallie looks great. Fun to catch. Are you fishing the Cedar close to your house? I’ve got a lifetime license too. Most of my fishing is in Wisconsin for crappies. Go there three times a year. Walleyes should be feeding for the long winter now. Know there’s some big walleyes in the Cedar river. Good luck and keep us posted. Always bring a dip net - or you’ll be very sorry some day.

Fuzz

MAGA

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Fuzz

I'm fishing my sand pit and the Cedar River near my old house. Both about a mile away. Lots of walleye in the river here. Will go out again today.
The Iowa DNR started stocking the Cedar with walleye fry years ago without success. After a few years they determined they were stocking with pond reared fry. The pond reared fry can't reproduce in running water. They started stocking with river reared fry and now we have a great fishery. GENIUS
A friend caught a 30" walleye out of my sand pit a couple of weeks ago.