Fishing

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Fuzz

What do you know about this reel. Is 1960 the model or date if mfg?View attachment 76498[/QUOTE

Dave,

The “1960” isn’t the manufacturer date or model number. The model number is “ge”, if you look again on the reel below the handle. That model was first released in 1946 and sold thru the 50’s. It’s made of chrome plated brass and holds 100 yards of line. Not rare, as lots were sold. Cool reel to own. Especially if passed down through the family. Your reel and an ounce of pure silver is worth somewhere between $25 - $50, depending on condition. That’s about all I can tell you about it - because that’s all the internet said.

Fuzz

MAGA

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks for researching that. I hadn't got around to it. Not worrying about the value. It will stay on the cane pole of my Grandpa's. Have to get some new line. Comes in handy bank fishing.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Dave,

Something to think about. When pole isn’t in use, put some kind of tag on it telling others what it is and who it belonged to. Otherwise, nobody else in your family might know the “true value and history” of said pole/reel as time goes by. (Another way of saying after you’re gone)

Fuzz

MAGA

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The name calling, deflecting, lying liberal left isn't going anywhere. They have already gone, "nuts"