FiTech 2x4 installation

88m5

Well Known Member
Started installing the FiTech 2x4 installation today had to raise the front F. I. Unit to clear the banjo bolts. I will run FI hose to a y-block and the connect to the lines until I can design a hard line setup.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• 3FDE3EF7-FCE5-4910-9CBA-DD7D8ABAA0B3.jpeg
    3FDE3EF7-FCE5-4910-9CBA-DD7D8ABAA0B3.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 97
  • BAB2B5DA-FD51-4C00-AC45-6E432FA255CA.jpeg
    BAB2B5DA-FD51-4C00-AC45-6E432FA255CA.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 96

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A little surprising that the manufacturer didn't anticipate the units being that close.

I am working on a SBC 2x4 Sniper, and not only do they fit, they give you some plumbing options? I think somewhere they said that they fit Edelbrock spacing, which I think is basically crammed together as close as possible?? Or the same as GM spacing?

Here is what Holley says:

Features:
  • Supports up to 1250 HP with Eight 100 Lb/Hr Injectors
  • Internal MAP Sensor
  • Integrated ignition timing control
  • Built in Single stage progressive nitrous control
  • Programmable Target Air Fuel Ratios & Ignition Timing per Boost level
  • USB to CAN Communication cable included for easy laptop tuning
  • Three Programmable 0-5V Sensor Inputs for Oil/Fuel/Dome or Nitrous Pressure Sensors
  • One Sensor Ground – Ground supply for 0-5v Sensors
  • Single Throttle body mounted ECU, with easy connections between the two throttle bodies – no extra boxes to mount
  • Only 4 Wiring Connections Required! (Battery +, Battery - , Switched Ignition & RPM)
  • Fits on intake manifolds with flange spacing as tight as 6.4375” center to center (Most Edelbrock Manifolds)
  • Requires an external fuel pressure regulator: P/N 12-848 up to 800 HP, 12-851 for 1000+ HP
  • High Resolution Full Color Touchscreen for Initial Setup, Tuning, and Gauge Displays
  • Simple Calibration Wizard (Answer a few questions about your engine and it creates the base map, then starts tuning on its own!) - NO laptop required!
  • Self-tuning ECU means you don’t have to be a computer/tuning wiz to have EFI!
  • The included Genuine Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband Oxygen Sensor provides realtime Fuel Map Learn!
  • OEM Style TPS/IAC and Fuel Pressure regulator, for years of dependable service
  • Included clamp-on oxygen sensor kit ensures a leak free oxygen sensor installation, with Stainless Steel T-Bolt clamps and a Stainless Steel (Weldable) oxygen sensor flange
  • Patent Pending

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I will be interested in seeing what you have to do to get this unit set up and running. I am looking at the FITech unit (single 4 bbl) for my 1933 Ford hot rod build. I have installed an Aeromotive hi-volume pump in a S/S tank with a baffled fuel trap and am now sorting out what I need to do for fuel feed & return lines, filters, etc between the tank and the engine. I have not bought the FITech unit yet because it will probably be a year before I will be ready for it, but I want to get the chassis & lines done so I can mount the body.

Please keep us updated with the details of your installation, including problems & solutions.
Thx,
John

88m5

Well Known Member
This is a temporary solution till I design a hard line set up and the front unit will be a normal height thou I’m not really sure it will make that much difference in how it performs since the linkage is progressive.

88m5

Well Known Member
I got the 2x4 FiTech finished and running good, still need to do a few tweaks but overall running good. I have a question can we post videos on this site?

Attachments

• IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2968.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 47

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Chris:

Glad to see you got the plumbing clearance issue resolved. It looks good.

Any chance of you providing more photo(s) of how you plumbed the units (I can't tell with the air cleaner installed)? The FITech unit (single body) I am considering has one dedicated fuel return port on the rear passenger side and 3 possible fuel input ports on the other 3 corners of the EFI body. Did you move the fuel input ports to the outside corners of the two EFI bodies to give clearance between the two units? Does the "dual quad" unit require a return line and if so, how did you plumb those lines for the two bodies since they are dedicated ports?

I will be interested to learn your opinions on the self-learning setup process on the FITech units. That's one of the main reasons I plan to use one on my 348. I just bought a 37 degree flaring tool (expensive!) and will start making the 3/8" hard lines from the tank to the firewall. Because of rear suspension clearance issues, I will be running the return line down the passenger side frame rail and the fuel feed line up the driver's side frame rail. The final connections (between the tank and the hard line, and the engine to the hard line) will be braided line. I am installing a 30 micron filter in the fuel feed hard line per FITech's recommendation. I just changed out the original in-tank TPI pump for an in-tank Aeromotive Stealth 350 pump (350 LPH) that will support the 58psi requirements of the FITech unit.

Nice job! Please keep us updated on your results.

John