fitting power steering to 58 belair factory right hand drive

lindsay

hi, i want to fit power steering to my 58 belair 348, the problem being that it is a factory right hand drive and all the after market kits are for left hand drive vehicles.can these kits be adapted to do RHD as well. any help would be much appreciated.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Check with Unisteer,they make an electric one that works with in the steering colum.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
hi, i want to fit power steering to my 58 belair 348, the problem being that it is a factory right hand drive and all the after market kits are for left hand drive vehicles.can these kits be adapted to do RHD as well. any help would be much appreciated.
Where are from Lindsay?

Steve

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Are these power assist like a 62?
If so can the cylinder be mounted on the other side and just run the hoses from the pump.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Factory rhd were all power assist. Would need the rhd power drag link for mounting the cylinder. Hard to get a rhd power assist box over here now. But they are still around.
Buddy of mine put an electric in line power steer unit under the dash in his 57 Ford custom 300. Rhd. Works well.
Have to get it all engineer certified over here. It is easier to get original gear.
Steve