Floor Jack

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not of the one this replaced. I will do my Snap On just like the one in link I posted of the rebuild prosses. My thought was to not buy something to replace the one I will rebuild being it is American made.
The first HF jack I posted that I thought I would buy there is thing I didn't like on it. It has a spring star washer holding the front wheels on. Didn't look like anything that would hole up to the test of time. :dunno2
When I get the Snap On jack cleaned up I'll post pictures of progress. :good

Junky

Well Known Member
I also have the same jack, and it just went bad. I have yet to find a repair kit for it. Around here, no one will fix hydraulic jacks any longer. Probably just as well, because the last one to do it, didn't do it very well. I think he just put oil into them, power washed, and spay can rebuilt them. Worked as well before as it did after lightening your wallet quite a bit.

Biscayne409

FWIW, I got tired of lugging my old AC DELCO floor jack out and around when I needed to use it. I picked up the 2 ton aluminum unit at Harbor Freight when it went on sale. Having two front wheels vs the single wide roller was important to me. I’ve used it once or twice with satisfaction. It’s too new to make any judgement on durability but I will say it’s a whole lot nicer to move the aluminum jack around the floor than its old steel counterpart.
Hope this helps.

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
I have versions of these two jacks specifically because of their long and low profiles. I have low cars and it can roll under them without first needing drive up on blocks.

Arcan XL2TB - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200514333_200514333

HF "Daytona" 3 ton Long Reach Low Profile - https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...sional-rapid-pump-floor-jack-black-64781.html

The Arcan is a better jack, but my HF one hasn't had any issues. The HF jack actually gets more use since it's in the attached garage.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Years ago my snap on jack quit working. Jack repair shop said $200 to fix. I bought a Cornwell blue monster 2 1/2? jack.
The old snap on is still in the shed so I looked at what is left of the tag and found "32" on it. Found a model number 632 1 1/2 Jack and ordered a repair kit. I'll try and fix it when I gen get back in the shop. I have a couple of big old ratchet floor jacks. They don't leak down.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have a black hawk 21/2 ton , one day it would not raise vehicle . It was not to old ,but not used regularly like I used too. I raised handle and took a hammer and tapped the pump piston several times and it has worked ever since. I do have a aluminum one also ,I think harbor freight and never had any trouble with it and I use it to go from one garage to attached garage, real light even has a handle on side to carry.