Floor Pan

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
OK more help pictures of the bottom of the floor pan on my 62 SS 409 Hardtop before primer with red oxide DP 74
  • shows transfered diagonal braces to bottom of front floor pan
  • note the bench seat bracket (this is the original bracket )between the 1st and 2nd braces for bench seat cars
  • note the 4 seat belt brackets welded on the bottom of the rear floor pans
  • Most of the floor pan on these pictures is original (only front floor pans were replaced)62 SS Blue -Body shop 010.jpg62 SS Blue -Body shop 003.jpg

Well Known Member
Here is the USA made floor pan from Cars Inc before it was installed and and after it was welded in place in the car.
The next to last picture is the bottom of the car, showing the "u" shaped braces on the bottom of the front floor pans and the 4 seat belt mounts (rectangular with nuts welded to them) on the bottom of the rear floor pans. The last picture shows the wiring harness holder clamps(you need to transfer them from all SS cars) for the SS console along with the factory location 4 speed hole that we cut in the new floor -that came on all factory 4 speeds View attachment 50692View attachment 50693View attachment 50694View attachment 50695View attachment 50696View attachment 50697 (1961 to 1963).
Paul
Paul pvs409 I’d like to try to replace the full floor pan with braces on my 63 SS project but never done this before. Feel uncomfortable in trying to do this with no experience. Approximately how many hours are needed in labour cost?
Here is the USA made floor pan from Cars Inc before it was installed and and after it was welded in place in the car.
The next to last picture is the bottom of the car, showing the "u" shaped braces on the bottom of the front floor pans and the 4 seat belt mounts (rectangular with nuts welded to them) on the bottom of the rear floor pans. The last picture shows the wiring harness holder clamps(you need to transfer them from all SS cars) for the SS console along with the factory location 4 speed hole that we cut in the new floor -that came on all factory 4 speeds View attachment 50692View attachment 50693View attachment 50694View attachment 50695View attachment 50696View attachment 50697 (1961 to 1963).
Paul
61DC5BA6-9CC4-4318-AF04-0CDCE06645CA.jpeg3CF012D3-32B6-4DFD-BEE0-C8E970933AED.jpeg537978A8-95AF-4F84-9A56-E538257CA59B.jpeg

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I will have to ask my body shop guy about how many hours he spent on the floor who did the full floor pan (the one in the pictures -the 62 SS belongs to a friend). I decided a long time ago to not take on and body work or welding. I try to do as many of the other items myself.

• The options are 2-1/2 floor pans and along with all the braces to be removed and welded to the bottom of the 2-1/2 floor pan sections.
  • second option full floor pan with all the braces. The full floor pan has to be installed from the bottom side of the car.
  • 3rd option is to piece in the bad floor sections (assuming 2 front and/or 2 rear floor pans will cover the bad areas. You still have to deal with the braces in this option. There are also the under back seat floor pans (2 pieces) if that area is bad in your car.
  • My 62 SS Convertible had the 2 front floor pans and the under seat and back floor pans transferred from another rust free 62 SS floor pan -not pictured here on this post -done by another body guy who knew how to do the replacement.
  • I note from your pictures that you have to transfer to the new floor --Your SS bucket seat floor brackets, SS console brackets, clips and brackets that hold the SS wiring harness for the center console, your 4 speed tunnel cover hole and the braces on a full floor come with the nuts on the bottom of the floor for the seat belt mounts. Don't forget the diagonal braces on the bottom side of the front floor pans.
  • Do you have someone who knows how to do your floor pans? -- and do your body and paint work ? (you can get the car stripped off old paint and blasted as needed (in 2 or 3 different ways).
Paul

Well Known Member
I will have to ask my body shop guy about how many hours he spent on the floor who did the full floor pan (the one in the pictures -the 62 SS belongs to a friend). I decided a long time ago to not take on and body work or welding. I try to do as many of the other items myself.

• The options are 2-1/2 floor pans and along with all the braces to be removed and welded to the bottom of the 2-1/2 floor pan sections.
  • second option full floor pan with all the braces. The full floor pan has to be installed from the bottom side of the car.
  • 3rd option is to piece in the bad floor sections (assuming 2 front and/or 2 rear floor pans will cover the bad areas. You still have to deal with the braces in this option. There are also the under back seat floor pans (2 pieces) if that area is bad in your car.
  • My 62 SS Convertible had the 2 front floor pans and the under seat and back floor pans transferred from another rust free 62 SS floor pan -not pictured here on this post -done by another body guy who knew how to do the replacement.
  • I note from your pictures that you have to transfer to the new floor --Your SS bucket seat floor brackets, SS console brackets, clips and brackets that hold the SS wiring harness for the center console, your 4 speed tunnel cover hole and the braces on a full floor come with the nuts on the bottom of the floor for the seat belt mounts. Don't forget the diagonal braces on the bottom side of the front floor pans.
  • Do you have someone who knows how to do your floor pans? -- and do your body and paint work ? (you can get the car stripped off old paint and blasted as needed (in 2 or 3 different ways).
Paul
I also try not to do any body work or welding, I don’t have the skill set . If you find out how many hours it took to install the full floor pan please post . Thanks Tom 63409