Floorpans for a '59 4 door ?

Bel Air 348

Does anybody know where I can find a complete floorpan for a '59 Bel Air 4 door? I know that they sell the patch pans for them, but my cars floors are so bad it would just be easier to just replace the whole floorpan.

61bubble

Sherman in Washington MI may have them. I was there a while back and saw a 61-64 floor in the showroom.
look at shermanparts.com

Bel Air 348

I checked that site out and they dont seem to have anything that I need.Thanks though!Would floors out of a '59 4 door pontiac work?

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
not an X frame

The Pontiac did not have the X frame. I'm sure the floor would be different. Not positive, but pretty sure.

M

MK IISS

X frame

Fred: Are you sure the '59 Pontiacs didn't have a X frame? My 1958 and '60 Pontiacs did. However the '59 Pontiac had the new "Wide Track" chassis and a wider body to go along with it. I doubt Pontiac floor pans woud fit a Chevrolet. I may be wrong but I believe the only '59 GM car that didn't have the X frame was Oldsmobile. The '59 Olds used a combination ladder/X frame with large side rails (advertised as a "Perimeter Frame"). The '59 Olds even had rear leaf springs.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
X frame????

Richard, I didn't follow the Pontiac enough to say for sure. I was pretty sure they had the box frame. I sure wouldn't bet on it, though. I had a 57 Pontiac and it was a box frame, but so was the Chev back then. Makes sense, though, that they had an X frame. The Canadian Pontiac was on an X frame. Aubey pretty much could answer this for sure.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
frame

That's what I meant, Richard. They had to have about the same floor in order to fit the Chev frame. And, mounts. I guess I have been thinking as I was typing. Might have rambled a bit, but meant the same thing you are saying!!!!!!!!!!!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
According to my Pontiac books, 58,59 and 60 had X frames. 1961 Pontiacs had the side rails.

M

MK IISS

Fred: I'm totaly confused now about what frame Pontiacs used after 1958. I know for sure the '58 had a X frame. The 1959 had a new wider chassis so maybe they abandoned the X frame after only one year. Maybe my '60 just had a X brace in the center like the Olds. Remember the 1963 "Swiss Cheese" Pontiacs on the 421 drag cars? That certainly wasn't a X frame.

M

MK IISS

Thanks Tommy. I was typing the same time you were...only much slower.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I don't think anyone types slower than me, I must have started before you did!!!:roll