For Sale in Denver

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I live just north of Denver, the faring/engine inlet piece is in the hands of the FAA. It is one piece of several hundred in hanger space at DIA.
Metal fatigue is the current leading theory. Hope it wasn't caused by 3d printed parts.

More importantly, the list of very few casualties are material in nature. A house or two is in need of a new roof, a new vehicle here or there, and several pairs of new under ware are in order.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It bounced off his truck first, he gets to own it.
As much as I wouldn't want this to happen to me, I would like to deal with the call to the insurance company. I imagine a couple of different conversations, several of which start with, "here, hold my beer I got to run/you ain't going believe this"...

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
How am I supposed to know where it came from, it fell of the back of a truck. Do you want it or not? Hurry up and decide I have other customers looking for one of these. Namely the Feds. :brow

heddrik

Well Known Member
I hope it is a joke. 303radars post is probably accurate. I heard it was stage 1 blades shelling out, on a 777 they are about 4-5 feet long, honeycomb titanium. We used to scrap them in machine shop when they failed delamination tests. Expensive at 90k apiece, the Rolls Royce version..

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry if I took it seriously.
In today's world, it is difficult to tell satire, sarcasm, humor and idiots apart from the other. If it hadn't happened close to where I live, I could have easily taken it too seriously. After all, just last week some knucklehead finally got the Gorilla Glue out of her hair after a month!