Ford now on junk bond status and my stock market prediction

wristpin

Well Known Member
Its typical of whats going on all over America, looks over results. What does huge amounts of diesel exhaust do for performance or efficiency? Advertisements for razors for men to shave their whole body. Cuz men who like men actually prefer prepubecent boys. Politicians and celebrities who "donate" time but get paid or write off 5 minutes as $100,000 donation. I could go on.....

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like my prediction of $5-10 trillion in bailout will come true, maybe it will get exceeded?

Hertz is negotiating bankruptcy, airlines will have no revenue to speak of for at least 6-18 months, International travel is gone for 6-months, restaurants, hotels, and lots of retail can’t survive with capacity limited by social distancing. Unemployed at 36.5 million and climbing, a lot of really nice vehicles in those food bank lineups.

This will be 12-24 months of economic hell.

At least the Saudis caved and we can see fuel prices rise. :doh:rolleyes

I see a poll out that says 40% of Americans would buy goods from China so next Walmart will go out of business? We’ll have no computers, phones, tools, you name it.

I’m still thinking my prediction on the stock market going to 14-15,000 can happen sometime in 2020 or early 2021.

Last edited:

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
New report since I wrote above, China has a new Covid lockdown for 100,000,000.:eek3:scared2

And the market is up 815 points so far today........

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think you are around the mark Don, the worst is yet to come.
These bail out tactics are across the western world, Just in our little state 1.7M people, 22 Billion dollar debt and 1 Billion deficit for 2020 and another each for 2021 and 2022. This will be a 2 generation debt collection exercise and that is if there is no war with CHHINNA

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The markets are still weird, there is no common sense out there, people buying stocks are watching too much on line gaming, they are not in the real world.

Nasdaq hit an all time high, Dow and S&P are way up too.

Unemployment in the US was at 40,000,000.

Prediction for US job losses for May were for another 7.5 million, instead there was a gain of 2.5 million, a swing of 2.5 million. Canada numbers were f**ked up too, predicted was 500,000 losses, came in at a gain of 290,000. What happened, who got hired and where? How did this offset huge airline, hotel, restaurant, car dealers, cruise line layoffs, etc. ??

I'm still negative and think stock markets will get another big thud down in the next 6-12 months. I can't see how big government spending & deficits at levels unheard of ever before can buy our way out of this economic mess. And I'm still predicting our governments will spend more in the next 6-12 months on bailouts, double at least what has been committed so far.

Personal/family incomes for working people, after all this government support is spent by them, has to be causing/kicking into a very very slow recovery. At some point.

My lending experience was always 90% at the small business level, the blue collar businesses. My common sense says we are living on borrowed time, this "dip" we had can't be it. As the economy picks up again, many companies will be working at severely reduced capacity for 6 months-3 years? Many workers will not get rehired, at least on a full time basis, if at all.

I guess I am just a crazy old man in more ways than one.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The markets are still weird, there is no common sense out there, people buying stocks are watching too much on line gaming, they are not in the real world.

Nasdaq hit an all time high, Dow and S&P are way up too.

Unemployment in the US was at 40,000,000.

Prediction for US job losses for May were for another 7.5 million, instead there was a gain of 2.5 million, a swing of 2.5 million. Canada numbers were f**ked up too, predicted was 500,000 losses, came in at a gain of 290,000. What happened, who got hired and where? How did this offset huge airline, hotel, restaurant, car dealers, cruise line layoffs, etc. ??

I'm still negative and think stock markets will get another big thud down in the next 6-12 months. I can't see how big government spending & deficits at levels unheard of ever before can buy our way out of this economic mess. And I'm still predicting our governments will spend more in the next 6-12 months on bailouts, double at least what has been committed so far.

Personal/family incomes for working people, after all this government support is spent by them, has to be causing/kicking into a very very slow recovery. At some point.

My lending experience was always 90% at the small business level, the blue collar businesses. My common sense says we are living on borrowed time, this "dip" we had can't be it. As the economy picks up again, many companies will be working at severely reduced capacity for 6 months-3 years? Many workers will not get rehired, at least on a full time basis, if at all.

I guess I am just a crazy old man in more ways than one.

The numbers are being manipulated????? Sounds as though you have lots of experience in this field Don.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
In commercial financing yes Dave. Stock market stuff, just common sense. The herd of experts, whether stock market advisors or economists are 98% giving the same advice at any given point in time. That may be on jobs reports, or buying or selling stocks, they all sing the same tune. In this case of jobs reports, they do an estimate for what they think will come out and they are usually 80+% correct.
In both the USA and Canada, this time they were totally upside down. To be wrong by 10 million jobs is impossible you would think, but that story has not been explained.

it’s gotten so the weather forecasters are more accurate than the economists?

We all know how much the economy has been closed so common sense wise, these stock markets are insane. Nasdaq set a new all time high yesterday. I guess the stock market buyers think government money is free, there is a free lunch. But everyone in our “free enterprise capitalists” world has their hand out for money for ME. Boeing, all the airlines, all the businesses, FREE MONEY. Everyone has a plan until you get hit in the face, Mike Tyson. Everyone is a capitalist until..........

This rant is my forecast, I wonder how it will turn out?