Found 64 C-10. What's a fair price?

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
1964 Chevy c10 short box fleet side with the big back window.

It's a really solid project truck. I crawled all over it and under it too. I could only find 3 little rust holes
that I think could be fixed very easily. One is on the floor on the passenger side. One is in the right rear cab corner and the other is on the driver side along the kick panel. There was one dent behind the rear wheel about half way up the fender
that might be a little bit of a challenge. There is no crease in the dent and it's not in the body line. It's about 10 inches long and 2 or 3 inches wide and about 1/2 inch deep. It has a older 350 sbc and a 3 speed Muncie. (floor shifted)
It does not run or drive at this point. The owner purchased a new gas tank to put under the bed between the frame rails. (It has not been done yet) The seat is missing and the rear wheel wells are missing too. The box is sitting loose on the frame.
I live in the Midwest and this would be considered a rust free pickup!! I was told it came out of AZ.
He's asking $4000. I only have one picture of it and it's not a good one. I don't want to post it unless I buy it.

The whole truck has been sanded on. Some spots are bare metal and some are not.
What's the going rate for a nice project C-10?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Short bed fleetsides with BBW are fairly hard to come by. $4000 would be a good price in Calif but I think we have higher prices here then in other states on old trucks. I think you would be doing well to buy it at anything under the asking $4000.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Wally,
I have to agree with Mike. $4000 sounds like a reasonable place to start. I think I'd offer $2000 or $2500 and see where he goes. If you pay his price he'll think he didn't ask enough! :roll

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I have a 65 swb fleetside 4x4 small back window if you are interested. 350 4 spd.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I sold my rust free 63 sb fleetside BBW project a few years ago for $1500.:bang No engine, trans or interior.
Went to Mi or Wi, don't remember which.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
For the condition you described in my neck of the woods it would be around 1500.00.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Northwest Washington. I have three friends that collect those trucks and I have one myself.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Excuse me I thought there was no drive train. I think the the 2500.00 to 3000.00 would be more accurate.