Found a 1962 Bubble top.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I posted a private message on the bubble top at 9:15 PM yesterday.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
A twin... good going on that find. Maybe Phil would sell it to me for a slight profit..... 2500.00 or so. ? :rub:think

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Phil,

If you got this 62....congratulations!!! ..... & Remember our discussion about a bubbletop!!:brow

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I posted a private message on the bubble top at 9:15 PM yesterday.
Paul, I may have made a mistake.
(at 8:59 pm I posted the add, at 9:15 you sent a PM)

In your PM you wrote--

let me know about the car. Does it have a title and tags?
I am coming back home from North Carolina tomorrow.
Paul

Paul posted that 15 minutes before Phil. There were no other post for another 15 minutes.

At 9:30 Phil posted--

I'll take it Wally!!! PM me with your phone number please.

I was watching football while doing other things and there was a half hour between the time I posted and the time I responded.
When I got back to the computer I saw Phil's post first and then I read my personal messages. I did notice the time on Paul's PM but
because Phil said I'll take it and Paul just seemed to want more info I figured Phil was more serious.
I also didn't know if the car had tags or not and I knew it didn't have a title at that time.

The original owner is now in the process of getting the title but at the time I saw the car it did not have one.

As long as the car goes to a good home, that's all I care about. Paul or Phil or anyone else on this site I believe would be a good home that's why I posted it on here.

Do I owe Paul an apology?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What you posted is what happened. I wanted at the time of my post.
thank you for the correct timing on my post.
Paul

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seems like Paul asked for more information on the car and Phil said he wanted it flat out. Seems like a straight forward sale to me. Phil committed to buy. Next time Paul, say you want the car and ask where to send the money and then ask the questions on it. $1500 is the deal of the year for a 62 bubble top. I know of one not far from me in way worse condition for $8500

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What I said above in my first private message asked for a call were I provided my cell phone number, to me right after the response noted above , and the response was: I will give you call on Tuesday, which I thought was that I was first to buy the car, but I did not get a call.
I don't know what else to say, I don't want to get a fight.
Paul

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think Paul deserves first shot at it. I know both men and have no problem with either so my opinion is one based on fairness. First to respond should be the one to have first right of refusal. If the first person was dragging their heals and playing games, that would be a different story.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Kudos goes out to Wally for taking the time and thinking of the group at 409. A great member looking to help another member find a car of their dreams.
The only thing we know is what has happened, this won't change. Were things done in the right order, was it fair?, we'll all have our opinions on this.
Things happen when you don't personally talk to someone, thats the world we live in today, text, email, pm's etc. To Paul, Phil, and Wally I hope this situation will turn out ok . :love1

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I was going to shut up on this sale, but here is my 2 cent's. Since wally posted this ad on this forum any interested buyer's should have responded here and no where else like a pm..........How would any one else know what is going on with the transaction.On a pickup site that i am on all sale's and ''I'll take it's ''are kept on the posting so every one can see the what is happening . Only after the sale is closed then the pm's are used.At least that is the guide line to be followed, and there is friction on that site also.Wally did not mention pm and honestly it could have been overlooked very easily as he was not expecting pm's..Another reason to post here is to see who has first shot so every one can see it for. their self.If Paul would have posted his question's here and pondered on it and Phil said i'll take it that is fair. This happen's on truck site also.I know wally feel's bad ,but not really his fault .Some may not agree with this but that is how i would have to handle this sale.Nothing against Paul i have done business with him and totally satisfied with all transaction's.

Last edited:

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I decided to let Phil have the car. We had a discussion about car and what we both did when it was posted.
Phil and I have been friends for too long.:read :blah :deal
besides now he owes me......:laugh4
Paul

I met Phil for the first time and he was truly a class act. Paul deserves a big thanks (from me) for being a class act as well.
My plan is to go down to Sioux City and meet Paul this spring. I would love to look at his beautiful collection of cars.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Other than a little bit a Drama................................DAMN whatta find!!!!!!!!!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Wally(Phil said your name is actually Steve), you are welcome any time.
The heat is on all the time. Also 2- 409 convertibles to see being assembled or in a body shop nearby.
Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Good news and bad news.
Made it home from Iowa with no traffic tickets or flat tires About a 14 hour round trip.
Bad news.................the car weights about 1500 pounds less than the day it was new. 'Course the 6-banger and 3-speed are gone and a whole lot of sheetmetal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For instance....the last 8"-10" of the frame on the left rear along the trunk drop off.............done dropped off!!!!!!!!!!! The body is riddled with rust. But it has a lot of parts. I knew this would be a possibility so isn't something I haven't encountered before. I'm just going to park it and worry about it next spring. Can't imagine anyone wanting to tackle this as a restoration project. It's just my Christmas present I bought for myself!!!!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Oh you might be surprised, I would get it advertised .It's the same almost as a Impala waist down.

Last edited: