Found behind the barn! 64 Impala SS 2dr ht 409 4spd Car...

58to64chevpontiac

Supporting Member 1
Just brought it home...Looking for some input on what to do with it (part out or sell whole) and ballpark value. I hope this is appropriate to post/ask here, if not, my apologies, and I understand if the moderator has to pull the post.... 1964 Impala SS Factory Tuxedo Black, 409 4spd 2dr ht...Unfortunately motor is gone, transmission MAY be in trunk (have not removed rear seat to check yet-No keys and didn't want to drill the lock.) Car needs a complete restoration of course, but the floors, wheel tubs, inner quarters and rockers are intact. Frame does have some rust, but I do have another good one. Int is not bad, besides carpet/headliner, have seen alot worse come through. Tach missing, but told May be in trunk-along with trans & console-again, wishfull thinking, and not holding my breath) The car does have the large fuel line, and quite sure I saw a return line when I had the car lifted up. Ballast resister IS on the firewall, 409 emblems on the fenders, 1447 on the trim tag, along with paint code A (tuxedo black, firewall and jambs still black) 878 Int Trim (white/red) ACC code M20 (4spd) and B70 (padded dash)...Good Paperwork...will hopefully put in a used windshield this week, and get it cleaned up, and trunk open...So I guess my question is, Whats it worth ?...ballpark?....or would parting it bring me more return (would rather see it saved) 20170421_171602.jpg 20170421_172241.jpg 20170421_171602.jpg 20170421_172241.jpg 20170421_172258.jpg 20170421_171653.jpg

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you have a line on a reasonably priced correct numbers engine it would be well worth restoring other wise not whole lot of real good parts there to part out unless you got it for next to nothing.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Tough question not knowing what you paid.:dunnoAround here comparable rusty car any where from 2500 to 5500.00 ,but are not selling .

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
Do whatever you can to sell intact! One day there won't be any builders left. Someone out there would love to get a project like that.

When I hear "part it out" I cringe! :fear2Maybe back 20-30 years ago but these cars are too old and getting rarer everyday. Years ago efore you could get the parts available today, parting out was something that had to be done but not anymore. A few clicks on ebay can get almost anything.

Ok, rant off now. :rantoff

58to64chevpontiac

Supporting Member 1
I would like to sell it complete, with the good frame included. I basically got it for scrap price. It was a Good Day...Glad I caught it before they filled it with junk and sent it to the shredder. I'm in no hurry to sell it, and was thinking in the upper range of your prices there blkblk63ss. I see the headlight bezels and z-bar/clutch linkage are behind the dr. seat. Really hope there are some goodies in the trunk. I also have a nice hood for it, and good grille. Will update with what I find in the trunk. Thanks for the input!

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
Yeah, that's quite a car, red, white and black. I've seen a lot of these cars but not a combo like that one. Hope it can be saved as complete as it is.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've seen plenty of white interiors on Impalas but never a two tone red and white. Was that available?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes , i have seen some like that color combo . In fact i just looked at a palomar red 64 ss with the red dash and white seat's.

bobs409

Administrator
So you had to take red if you wanted a white interior? What if your exterior was blue or green or ?? I imagined white with black accents as normal. :scratch

Richard Martin

Well Known Member
So you had to take red if you wanted a white interior? What if your exterior was blue or green or ?? I imagined white with black accents as normal. :scratch

The white interior was not available in all body colors. There was also a white interior with aqua color dash, steering wheel/column and carpeting and a white interior with black dash/steering wheel column with dark gray carpeting.

It's in the Chevy pdf Heritage website I posted.

Last edited:

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Wow, me neither...fisher cowl tags have a lot more info on em usually, that one doesn't even have a build date stamped in it:dunno unless that 2-4-13 is a date code?? Canadian maybe?

The vin tag would have a a letter 'F' if it were Flint built. Post a pic of that too if you can.

Maybe there's a build sheet under the back seat that you can still read. Or carpet, or door panels, or?

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have had a 64 non-SS for going on 35 years that grew up on the other side of the border in ND. This would make a good car to combine with mine, along with all the parts and 409 stuff I have collected over the years. Mmmmm......... :brow