Found behind the barn! 64 Impala SS 2dr ht 409 4spd Car...

58to64chevpontiac

Supporting Member 1
well, you know how to reach me...I guess I should become a supporting member so I can put some ads in the Classifieds

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
GM Heritage Canada will get you a build sheet on this car. 64 and up they have build sheet, 63 down, they have just general info, but do have transmission, colours in and out, selling date and dealer, and engine info, including HP. With a build sheet proving how it was built, this body is likely worth more than 327 4 speed 64 for instance.

Nice find.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
DON'T PART IT OUT. Somebody will want to build it!! Your not going to get lottery winning money out of it but definitely more than you paid for it. Only so many real 09 cars left out there now.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
GM Heritage Canada will get you a build sheet on this car. 64 and up they have build sheet, 63 down, they have just general info, but do have transmission, colours in and out, selling date and dealer, and engine info, including HP. With a build sheet proving how it was built, this body is likely worth more than 327 4 speed 64 for instance.

Nice find.

If you can get documentation that this is a real 409 car that's a definite game changer, REGARDLESS of condition.

58to64chevpontiac

Supporting Member 1
I really doubt I'll part it. I will definitely get the gm paperwork, thanks for the heads up on that. I did get the trunk open today, but nothing really spectacular to report. The Big radiator is in there, original 1100668 Alternator with the large pulley, Limited Slip Differential yellow decal on trunklid, old pressure plate, set of new brake shoes, fuel pump, some old oil tins, set of feeler guages , old soscket set (half missing) other odds and ends. I also did verify that the car does indeed have the return fuel line also.

58to64chevpontiac

Supporting Member 1
is there any way to tell, from the way the car sits now, if it would have been a 425 hp or 400 hp, or a 340 hp car?...I'm very confident that it's a 409 car, and not being and auto at least makes 400hp or 425 a possibility...any production figure breakdowns on how many of each 409 version ?

58to64chevpontiac

Supporting Member 1
Yes, unfortunately I did not get the tach with the car. I'm having conflicting ideas on what to do with the car, just get the GM Heritage paperwork, and sell it as is (clean it up, get the wheels turning, add some wheel/tires hood windshield etc) or should I spend a day or two and put a solid rolling chassis under it (this frame has rust thru under firewall area pretty bad) I would transfer the fuel lines, tank/sender, etc).....my thinking was that if someone had to get it transported, it's cheaper to ship just one vehicle, instead of the car as is, plus another chassis. Thoughts/input?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car will be worth more with proof that it was a 409 car instead of trying to guess with fuel lines etc. Even better yet if it turns out to be a 425hp car.
Docs will make the difference between selling that rusty car and not selling it.