Found my original shifter ball.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Too cold to do much outside so I have been rummaging around in the house and found the original shifter ball from my 62 Impala SS 409/409 convertable. It's one of the few things I saved when I sold the car in 1965 (saved the engine, window sticker & some other paperwork, and the shifter ball). 1962 was a long time ago and I don't remember when it broke but it must have been some time after early 1963 because it was out of warrenty. I bought a solid metal shifter ball to replace it. The original shifter ball is made of cheap plastic and it is hollow - the threaded piece is still loose inside the ball. I guess one too many full throttle shifts did it in.

Glad I kept it - brings back some great memories. Now that I have the trophy display case I built a while back the broken shifter ball will have a place where it won't be lost again.

IMG_5639.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Did you go through the H pattern and go vromm vromm just for old time's sake?????:D I do have both vin plate's, glove box door, and gas lid, and front console from my new first Black 1963 SS. Th body was crushed year's ago , 1980's, after several owner's and a hard life. I got it free and parted it out was very rusty ,but that frame is still under a 63 SS that i bought as a part's body with no title ,or was at one time.I sold that unit and the guy finished it , went from original Monaco blue to Riverside red . He got a assembled title and finished it out.He sold it later also. I just had too many project's at the time . Yes those little piece's bring back Memory's .:love