Found.........old poloroid

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
dated : august 1 2002

long story, when i was a teen, i sold a worn out 62 impala. it had a 427-390 muncie, and a red interior that was dead. I had an L-88 in the car for a while and it broke lots of parts. anyhow, i had'nt seen it since 1978.
So i get a new job at Md. performance center in 2001 and see a 427-390 in a bag and it looks familiar, i am told it goes to a customers 62 impala.
and because i am new, and an impala guy........it would be my project when it gets dropped off.
this car looks SO FAMILIAR.....i look it over and am not sure. not an SS but looks like one, originally a glide 283 car but converted to 4speed, dead red interior that was partially dyed black. sure seems like the one.........then i recall, i put a toggle switch in the left rear ashtray under some gum wrappers. (to kill the coil) it was an anti-theft measure at the time :roll
anyway, it was there. my old car had found me by accident and i was paid to restore it. new red interior, fresh BBC 5speed Nash, 9" rear, new headers and exhaust and painted it's original red.
brought the 09 car in one day when i knew the customer would be in. took him for a ride in mine and of coarse i had driven his.
another 62 is still alive and well. havent talked to guy in 4 or 5 years. but how often does this happen?

Attachments

• scan62-63.jpg
    scan62-63.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 135

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Rare!

Bob:

I'm sure that doesn't happen very often!

What are the odds that you would again stumble upon your car?

Cheers!
TomK