FRANK SANDERS Z-11 FOR SALE

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Tommy.

Ha ha. Yep I see the confusion now.
Thanks for that. Loved your 61ss at great bend. I guess you would have had to wash the drool marks off it before Robert picked it up.
The Dan Gurney car still has its original running gear I believe but I don't think it started out as an As. May be wrong there.
Still can't believe that of over say 120 cars (assuming that at least that many of the 142 were in fact SS models) no originals ones are around.
Shame I think.

By the way did the frank Sanders car sell?

Steve

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I note that certain vehicles are doing well at auction. I track 1963 Corvette coupes and those have shot out of the roof lately. Two very nice examples on Thursday (one an NCRS multiple repeater and the other a Fuelie, both over restored) went for $145K. One more plebian version (if that's possible) went for $$70 -$80K something and the announcers commented on what a great deal that was. I made sure my wife didn't see that part of the auction or I'd be getting a daily dose of anitfreeze in my orange juice :).

There were a couple of 1962 409 cars that made good numbers as well (from my perspective).

If I won the lottery (I don't play it, so this is totally hypothetical) after taking refuge from the public and the media, and after talking to my banker and accountant, I'd go out and buy in the following order (notice I didn't say I'd talk to Barb):

A 1963 Corvette Grand Sport
A Z-11 (preferably the Sanders vehicle)
A 1963 Swiss Cheese Pontiac
A 1963 Corvette Z06 Big Tanker

and then I'd go raid Tommy Nolen and Pat Lobb's stash of totally awesome Ponchos and Chevrolets.

Ahh, to dream big!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
As much as I love these cars, I have to say that if I had 300K to spend, it sure wouldn’t be on a car.

POOF.... I'm 20 years younger and made better choices. Give me a $100k W race car and turn me loose.......When you see a Hot chick, do you want to look at her, or use it????:poke:pokeJust me, no offense to the guys that save cars.:clap We all have our thing.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I note that certain vehicles are doing well at auction. I track 1963 Corvette coupes and those have shot out of the roof lately. Two very nice examples on Thursday (one an NCRS multiple repeater and the other a Fuelie, both over restored) went for $145K. One more plebian version (if that's possible) went for $$70 -$80K something and the announcers commented on what a great deal that was. I made sure my wife didn't see that part of the auction or I'd be getting a daily dose of anitfreeze in my orange juice :).

There were a couple of 1962 409 cars that made good numbers as well (from my perspective).

If I won the lottery (I don't play it, so this is totally hypothetical) after taking refuge from the public and the media, and after talking to my banker and accountant, I'd go out and buy in the following order (notice I didn't say I'd talk to Barb):

A 1963 Corvette Grand Sport
A Z-11 (preferably the Sanders vehicle)
A 1963 Swiss Cheese Pontiac
A 1963 Corvette Z06 Big Tanker

and then I'd go raid Tommy Nolen and Pat Lobb's stash of totally awesome Ponchos and Chevrolets.

Ahh, to dream big!

Tom. I have the last two 409 SS cars of Tommy’s the 61 and 62. His unreal 63 is about 60 miles from me near Dick McKenzie. I enjoy showing them and the constant detail work to keep them sharp. Now if you want a nice 62 GP example or 61 Ventura go knocking on his door!! Tommy is a reasonable person when cash is carried!
Robert