Fred & Verna Totten

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It is with a heavy heart that Fred has asked me to pass the news...his wife Verna had a severe seizure this morning. She is currently in the hospital on total life support. Fred tried CPR for 20 minutes or more until the Emergency crews arrived.

I just talked with Fred and he has asked for everyone's prayers. As long as there is life...there is hope. Maybe we can all do our part and help.

As some of you may remember, my wife and I decided on a whim, to go to Cincinnati to see the Chiefs and Bengals football game last fall. I was fairly new to the forum then, but when we got our tickets, I contacted Fred to meet for dinner to get acquainted. We referred to it as our "internet date". Fred, Verna, Candy and I, along with another couple of friends of mine, sat in Applebys...had dinner and then they had to ask us to leave because it was so late!! While we had never met in person before, it was like we were old friends!! Stories galore...some true....some not so true!! Verna was as full of life as anyone I had ever met. The night went way too fast and we said we would do it again. I am so thankful we shared that evening together.

In talking to Fred tonight, I mentioned...with me at least...what a close feeling we develop with each other on this forum...yet many of us will probably never met in person. While we have only met once, Fred seems as close as many of my long time friends. I am honored by his friendship.

If you pray..please mention Verna. If you don't pray...please mention Verna anyway.

I will pass the news on as I receive it.

Phil

bobs409

Administrator
It feels like a kick in the stomach when I read news like this. :( Tell Fred we're all with him and thinking about him and his wife. I know there isn't a member on this whole board that doesn't share in that.

I've never met Fred in person but he's been with us for so long, I feel as though I have! Some of our members just stand out over others,...Fred is one of them. I hope all goes well,

Bob

9ermike

Supporting Member 1
'tis nice to see prayerful support among us W heads...just when I thought there was little faith left in the world.
I don't know Fred & Verna, but I will be happy to remember them in my prayers. Mike

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
sad news

I'm so sorry to here this news. I will be praying for you and Verna Fred. God's ways are not ours and I pray he will give you peace through this trial and that he will bring Verna back to you. I am truly sorry. :( Aaron

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I consider the members here as family,,,, so when something like this happens it affects me deeply.

My thoughts are with Fred and Verna.,,,,,, Jim (dq)

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Feeling lost.

I thought about this all morning and find my concern hard to put into words. Almost from the concept of this club Fred and Verna have been here, you can search every one of Freds posts and I don't think you will find a mean word in one. I think the one you share your life with makes you the person you are today, in this case Verna. If she is the other half of Fred she must be a fine Woman. My thoughts and prayers are with the Totten family.
:cry

BobsBB

Well Known Member
Fred, you and verna are in my prayers, i WILL be praying for you and your loving wife...

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
FRED:

Fred:

I see your on but I can't find you!!

Any news.......?? I called this evening but got your answering machine.....

You have a TON of caring friends here!!