Fred & Verna Totten

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
Fred
I am truly sorry for your loss. It sounds like Verna was an amazing woman.

I would like to say that yours and Verna's love is an inspiration to my wife Leanne and I. I can only wish that our love for each other will last as long and be as strong as yours has for Verna.

Thank you for touching all of our lives Fred.
Shane

truck409

Supporting Member 1
Condolences from Alaska,Fred,I am so sorry for your loss.My Dad lost his second wife a short time ago and he didn't think he could make it either but he has,with his faith in the Lord and loving family and I'm sure you can too.We are all a sort of a family here on the forum, and are pulling for you,my prayers are with you too as all of ours are,hang in there. Sincerely P.D.Petty

BobsBB

Well Known Member
Fred, im so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife..:cry ..my prayers are with you, and with your wife...

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Fred,

Know that you have family here and that we are here for you. My prayers and thoughts are with you, and know that Verna is a better place now, and looks down on you with a blessing. You will get through this, not with out tears and pain, nor alone because you have many here and elsewhere that care and will help in any way that we can.

God Bless!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Verna

I just spoke with Fred this evening...8:45 PM CST. He sounded good. His voice was strong and he had just completed the arrangements. His brother is there from Florida. Like Fred said, he is OK as long as there is something to do. Obviously, he is worried about walking into an empty house for the first time next week.

Visitation is 6 to 8PM Monday evening. Services are Tuesday at 1PM at the Breitenbach McCoy Leffler funeral home. I didn't ask but I'm assuming that is is Middletown, OH.

I have had several emails and a phone call about flowers. Lets do this.....I'll send flowers Monday from all of us here at the 348-409.com forum. If any of you want to send flowers also, that would be fine. But if you would like to contribute yourself.....donate whatever you want..$5 $10 or $20 to one of your local charities.....American Cancer Society, American Heart Assoc...whatever you prefer. Donate the money in Verna Totten's memory and in that way, Verna can help people in all your local communities in ways that she never would have envisioned.

I've had a couple of requests for Fred's address so you could send cards or letters. I don't feel comforatble in posting his address here but if you would send me a PM, I will return your email with his address.

I was encouraged when I heard his voice this evening but next week will be much harder for him. He will still need our prayers.

59fins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Gift of life

Fred,
I am not really sure what to say, but I will say this, she will continue to give life through Organ donation, the single greatest gift we can give is of one's self in life and in death, she IS in a greatr place and someday you will unite, I know it doesnt make things any easier..... but time will heal ..... God will heal you
Celibrate her life as it sounds like she had alot a life to give :)

hrlykngt

Well Known Member

Fred

Though we have never met I like many others feel I know you through the posts on this forum. I am truly sorry for your loss. Something like this just knocks the breath right out of you. Just remember to take a deep breath and then another. It hurts but you have friends. We are here for you.

Harley

bubbletop61

Well Known Member
I have struggled with what to say Fred. Each of you, after two other marriages finally " had it goin' on", as the kids say today. It just seems like this kind of thing happens to good people more often than we'd like. I saw my Dad go through this after 41 years
of marriage, then my eldest brother died. These losses changed him, but after a while he came back to an equilibrium. It was a different world for him, but he found a path through helping others, just like you do here with us, and I am sure with a lot of other people you contact in your life. When you have a bad day,
think about all those little girls in Heaven, and how lucky they are
now. I am truly saddened by your loss.

I hope to be able to meet you in Kansas City, with all your other friends, who are clearly great in numbers here.

With Heartfelt Sympathy,
Gar Gibb

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
with regards

Fred:

My hope is that you become stronger in your will and character as a result of this most unforunate occurence. We are here collectively to support you in every way we can.

Be strong during the weaker moments and realize that if you truly believe you will be with Verna forever in an even more glorious setting.

Best,
TomK

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Fred

I am very sorry about your loss of Verna. I believe we all are sharing your sorrow right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.

Ron

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Our Sympathies

Fred,
May I express our deepest sympathies for your loss. As others have said, with time the pain will lessen. I am told by friends that it never goes away, you just find ways to cope with it. Know and remember that you have many friends here who are feeling your pain, also. Just always remember, live your life as the two of you had, that is the best thing you can do in rememberance of Verna. May God Bless and Keep you until the two of you are reunited.
Steven

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Fred, your family has been in my prayers. I am sure your wife is now in a better place. I am sorry for your loss. sincerely Brian

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Our Condolences

Dear Fred,

Sharon and I just returned from a business trip and the first thing I did was fire up the computer to get caught up with the forum and the news was difficult read.

Words cannot adequately express our sorrow for your untimely loss. Phil told us about his wonderful visit with you and Verna and it sounds as though we could all get together and into some serious (fun) trouble.

Fred, we will be thinking of you and praying for you and Verna. We are certain that she would want you to get that 63' ready for September and your continued sharing of friendship with this group of "W-maniac's" that consider you to be a brother.

Though we have not yet personally met, you are truly a gentleman that is respectful and always kind to others. "Turtle" and I look forward to seeing you and that 63' in KC!

With our condolences, love and all the very best regards,

Your friends

JIM 409 & Sharon Miller

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
Our sympathy

Fred,

God bless you in this time of loss and for allowing the organ donations. Other families will have hope because of you and Verna.

Our sympathy.

Brian and family

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very sorry to hear of your loss Fred. Please hang in there buddy you have lots of friends. Eric

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
gosh, i just returned from an out of state funeral. we buried my wifes father. we will be grieving for a long time. now Fred and Verna will be included in our prayers.

Fred, I am so sorry for your families loss. please remember to celebrate your wifes wonderful life. i imagine she would want it that way.

please take care thru the many phases of your loss and remember that you have several hundred friends here to lean on.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks to Bob Walker, And to everyone else for your sympathy. I go today to lay Verna to rest.

Fred