Free appraisal

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
To my knowledge 61 to 64 Chevy’s came with factory cruise control.
I have a NOS 61 & 62 NOS cruise control. From what I have seen over the last 5 years that $ 2500 price is in the range of ones that can be found for sale. There is a guy on E-Bay (61pins) selling multiple year & engine type (small block & 348/409) cruise units with some reproduction parts, he wants over $3000 for the complete units. Expensive from my view.
Paul

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Put it on Ebay with a starting bid of say $2000 (or more) and see what happens, simple enough.

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
The guy that offered up the 63 cruise for $2,500 got some negative comments and the ad was removed so I don't know if it sold or not. IMO, a NOS one might be worth $1.5-2K depending upon how badly someone wants one, second hand - depending upon condition might be worth $1000+. They are pretty rare and I'd like to install one on my 62 because I drive some long trips (1000 miles plus) and it'd be handy to have, but I've seen the one's that Paul is talking about on Feebay and they might be nice, but I'd struggle to justify spending $3K+, but I'd certainly pay $2500 for NOS one.

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The location of the controls on 63’s & 64’s and are on the top of the dash to the right of the steering column.
The controls on 61 & 62’s the controls are located to the left of the dash insert.
Also the mounting brackets and accerator controls vary from small block engine to 348/409 engine and the type of carburetor. I think only 340 HP 409 and low HP 348 motors could come with a cruise control.
Paul

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a cruise control on my 65 396 car and my 65 409 rag but would love to have one for one of my 63 409 cars. Is yours for a 6 Bangor, small block or 409 car? I have seen the ones with repop brackets but would only want original units.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The 1961 / 1962 cruise I have is for a V-8, I recall all I to do is modify the accelerator rod to fit larger 4 barrel carbs. You just need two accerator rods to make one long one to the cruise unit ( I have a machinist friend can do the modification).

My opinion is that the reproduction mounting brackets for the cruise unit to the intake and exhaust are hard to tell from originals.. those mounting brackets were missing from a 61/62 used cruise unit I sold about 5 years ago for about $600.
Paul

RussC

Well Known Member
I guess I really don't know what I have. I haven't looked at them for 40 years. I do remember they are not the 64 tumbler style...but are twist knob controls. I'll look them over today.
Guess it pays to clean your shop up!

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
63 64 units are different as 63 units the brain mount on the motor and 64 up the brain mounts on the core support and from looking at the brackets the 2nd one looks like a 64 unit