Front and rear bumpers

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wonder if I should ship all 6 in one box or do them 3 and 3? :rub
Bob,
I don't bother with a box I wrap them with stretch wrap. You can wrap the center section then the two ends and then wrap them all together for a pretty compact package. Works great and you don't have a big bulky package.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We sand blast the back side so they come out nice, front and back of the bumper. DO NOT sand blast the front(of the bumper) as this will create more work for the polisher to remove those blasting indentations.
As Mike says they sandblast the backside. I use truck bedliner on the backside after they have been chromed then paint over the bed liner with silver paint. This keeps the possibility of rust developing behind in deep crevices that the chrome has trouble getting into.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Just got the bumpers back, and back on the 62 Belair from the chrome shop. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. They did dent repair & straightening. Fit great. Excellent workmanship. I would highly recommend them. B & R Custom Chrome, Toledo, Ohio.

bobs409

Administrator
I can't believe it's taken me this long but I FINALLY packaged and ship out my bumper cores tomorrow morning. I didn't make it to Carlisle as planned so it got put off. And put off some more...

Anywho, :D I should have a shiny white Chevy ready by the time I get these back. Timing should work out fairly good. I'll soon be spraying the car after a very lengthy resto... :pray

bobs409

Administrator
Bob,
I don't bother with a box I wrap them with stretch wrap. You can wrap the center section then the two ends and then wrap them all together for a pretty compact package. Works great and you don't have a big bulky package.

I should have done as you did but went with a box anyway. I did shrink wrap the 2 centers together, the 2 rear outers and lastly the front outers together and put in a box with padding. I hate shipping big things! Package weighs 62 lbs but only cost $32.78 w/Fedex. (that would equate to about 98.00 if going with the USPS!) :furious

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's an excellent price for shipping. I paid more then that for just one bumper via UPS, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
Fedex used to be even better but added dimensional charges. They still usually beat everyone else on price. (for large, heavy items)

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
We get a lot of supplies, shipped to our house, do to my wife's illness. FedEx and UPS, both. The FedEx guys, always look happy and cheerful.:clap The UPS delivery guys, look unhappy and quiet.:doh I must say, no problems with either.:appl

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's good news Bob. It will be ice to have them back. Hopefully, you'll be happy with them. I sent my front '62 bumper out and it seems like within month, I also had it back. But that was just one, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
They originally told me 8 weeks but I'll settle for 4. :D Mine were $880 plus tax and shipping. Total is $1012.80 They better be nice! It's not easy prying that much money from my grip. :irk :)

I opted to send a check so will take a little longer to get here. That's ok, I have enough to keep me busy!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It sounds like they don't over charge for shipping at all. In fact it sounds like they passed along a volume discount to you there. That is really nice.

Maybe if you'd told them you were the Administrator / moderator of the BEST 348/409 & 1958-65 Chevrolet Forum known to man they would have given you a further discount?? Good or Bad reviews from you weigh heavy. Just ask Rock Auto. :poke

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Not a bad price at all Bob. I'm sure they'll be beautiful and they came off your car. Guaranteed to fit nicely. Nothing like rechroming the originals if possible, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
Well I was charged $80 for the shipping so not exactly cheap. They are probably well packaged though so that cost money.

I like their lifetime guarantee. Hope I don't have to take them up on it but since this car lives better than me, I don't see any problems. :D