Front Pan color

Fiftiesman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Does anyone know?...I've did some checking, (on the facts page here and elsewhere) but haven't been able to find what the color of the front splash pan (the one just behind the front bumper on a 58 Impala) is suppose to be. Does it get painted the body color or the semi-black color?. I'm going for the "stock" look. Any info is appreciated.. Thanks.

Mike~

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Fiftiesman- My "58 Biscayne was rough but ORIGIONAL when I found it. The lower splashpan (the one behind the bumper and the one that thegrille attaches to) was painted body color. I have seen it done both ways, but I think the body color looks much better. Hope thiis helps yea Mike

Fiftiesman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks Mike.. I've been wondering which way to go on this part of the car. Since this part isn't exposed much, it's hard to tell from the picture's of car's I've seen. I know.. it's totally up to what I would want this part of the car to look like. But, just wanted to know what the stock version was suppose to be. Thanks again Mike.

Fiftiesman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
37tin, I think it would look good either way I go with it. Black would look better when the hood gets opened because it would tie in to the color of the rad support and side panels behind the turn signal housings. Ahh... decisions- decisions. Thanks for the input on what you have 37tin.;)

37tin

Fiftiesman,,just a thought, black hides wire looms and other stuff that you don't need showing up with a body colour on the pan, I like plasti-kote T3 hot rod black, looks close to original mid 50's semi gloss inner panels, easy to use.