Front window trim

61 Wagon

Hi everyone
My name is Rob. I recently purchased a 61 brookwood wagon. I would like too remove the trim around the front window to hopefully polish. I started reading a thread here that was talking about how and found I needed to join to go any further. So here I am. I’m 100 percent new to full size chevys. Thank you for any help, tips, videos.

Junky

Well Known Member
Nice looking car.. If it were mine, I would polish it in place, rather than trying to take it off. I believe that it is clipped on over the edge of the door first, and then pushed on until it clips onto the window frame at the glass. I am looking for this trim for my car, and I haven't found any yet. The trim on the rear side glass requires that you remove the glass first from the inside, and then unbolt the trim. It is going to take a while to get even the rears off, and I have no idea where to start on the door pieces.
Being that your car has the one piece bumper in the front, and I will assume in the rear, could you please post a picture of your data plate for research purposes. Many of the members on this forum are also on another Chevy forum, and a couple of them are researching why some, but no all cars got the one piece bumper vs. the 2 piece bumper.
thanks Junk