frt. coil springs

smittys09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Anybody got any suggestions on Moog frt. coils #658a or#6004 for a 62 impala with a 409 to get a little lift on the frt. end or any other springs available ?????

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
I've found , after buying several sets, various brands of springs, none would bring the front up. Spacers work the best. I used the ring type that must be installed with the spring out.
They don't seem to change the dynamics of the spring tension, or the ride quality.

Last edited:

smittys09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've found , after buying several sets, various brands of springs, none would bring the front up. Spacers work the best. I used the ring type that must be installed with the spring out.
They don't seem to change the dynamics of the spring tension, or the ride quality.
are they rubber or metal and do you know who sells them? THANX SMITTY

Junky

Well Known Member
Coil Spring Specialties in St. Mary KS will build you a spring to raise, lower, or anything in between. Give them a call, and discuss with them, exactly what you want to do, and they will custom make the spring. I have purchased a number of specialty springs from them in the past, with just the results that I was looking for. It will be more expensive than buying a spring off the shelf, but what good is that spring if it isn't suited for your desired results.

http://coilsprings.com

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I think that place in Kansas has all the GM specs so they can build you exact springs.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
are they rubber or metal and do you know who sells them? THANX SMITTY
Global west sells a aluminum c shaped spacer. NOTE,,,,,,I said previously that a 1/2 inch would raise it 1 1/2 inches, that is not correct according to global west. I remembered it as 3 times width of spacer but may be my memory has faded a little!!!. So to raise 1 1/2 inches a 3/4 inch spacer is needed. The c shaped spacer allows just jacking up spring and inserting the spacer . I have installed a bunch of these with the plate that goes between coil and a base plate that bottle jack sets on is chained to lower control arm. Shock is removed of course . Or you can do by removing spring and set them in pocket. Spacer is much cheaper and you will know how much it will raise compared to a different spring that may or may not end up with height you want. Also with a different higher spring the ride (rough or stiffer) may be affected .This is what I would do ,but it's your choice.

Last edited: