Fuel Pressure Info

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Make no mistake, air and liquid do not like going around corners period. That little hole he is pushing that liquid through is the key to fooling you that 90 degree fittings do no effect fuel (liquid) flow. There is more than enough inside area in that fuel line he is using to more than make up for that tiny hole at the end of the line. So no, in that case it will not effect his bottom line. I am an expert in fluid dynamics with over 20 years experience in water distribution systems. We avoided 90 degree fittings like the plague.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Interesting topic:rubAs long as your system is sized correctly won't be an issue. Just for interest sake, I run -12 into -10 from cell into A1000 pre filter, into A1000pump, into A1000 after filter, -10 to A1000 return reg, 2 x -6 to 2 x 850 Quick Fuel carbs, -8 return from reg back to cell. I can see my pressure gauge under the hood cowl @ 7psi, it will stay well above 6psi @ 130+mph and there is 4 x 90 bends in the system. I agree with Ray, but if you have to run 90's then it won't hurt to over size the system.