Fuel return line

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Been going thru the assembly manuals, I have 2, and I see the fuel line & the brake line but no return line. Do you have section & sheet #'s?
Possibly I am overlooking it.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
To install a steel return line with the frame on is a bitch. I ran 4an ss black fuel line from the fuel filter to the sending unit. Haven't had a good chance to check for vapor lock as it is to f'in cold here.[/QUOTE

Would it be possible to loosen the left side body mounts, undo the right side mounts, and raise the right side of the body to install the return line without cutting? Just thinking out loud. See you @ US 42!

427John

Well Known Member
Thats exactly what I had to do on my Starliner except it was on the left side, the 60-64 Fords fuel line crosses over between the frame rail and body twice and thats what you have to do to replace the fuel line without cutting it unless you remove the body completely.

427John

Well Known Member
In my case,I loosened the bolts on the non fuel line side to where they were just barely started and removed the fuel line side bolts completely and was able to lift it high enough to have plenty of room to install the fuel line.If I had a 2 post hoist available I would have removed them all and just lifted it straight up.