Full blown Bob Falfa

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Today the transformation to full blown American Graffiti

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Looks awesome Thom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you bring it to Great Bend in September!!~!~

bobs409

Administrator
I watched a movie the other day on Netflix with Harrison Ford in it. He looks like he's about 100 years old now! :eek

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I watched a movie the other day on Netflix with Harrison Ford in it. He looks like he's about 100 years old now! :eek
Was very disappointed when I watched one with him awhile back and he had an earing!!! This would have been in the 90's probably. I think he was trying to still look young??? Sorry, but to me an earing on a man isn't a sign of youth. Hope I haven't offended any of you with that comment.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thom, I hate to ask, but what did you change? IF Falfa's '55 had been built as awesome as yours he would have been a few car lengths ahead and kept the shiny side up!

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I was running Cragar SS wheels.........I liked 'em and all but my heart strings kept pulling
me back to the OEM chrome wheels.

Here's my '59 Chevy back in '67 wearing a set
I pulled a weak 283 and installed a 348 out of a '58 Chevy Impala

Back in the day there were no less than 3 '55 Chevys in my small Southern Missouri town that had 409 transplants.
Falfa would've for sure had one if the script was more correct.......story line was 1962.
I later had a '55 hardtop with a 348 tri power transplant. I started my W fascination early in life.

Side note on American Graffiti.....the back story I think many missed was the all the partying that went on the
night before you left.....either military or college....I experienced it myself but I sure as hell wasn't headed for college.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thom:

Looking very good!!! Given your history of having "W" transplants, your latest is the icing on the cake :).

I don't remember "going away" to college, as I lived at home freshman year and commuted 12 miles to Case Western Reserve in downtown Cleveland :(. I used to refer to College as being like High School only harder...

Cheers!
TomK

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Here's a W in a shoe box,intake with cross ram runners bolted on.Elkhorn last year........
DSCF2287_0308_zps0a98f63f.jpg