Funny car history

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Robert, i noticed it is real slow to start playing. Dick i got about 13 min. into it and had to stop watching. So far it’s a great video. I can see where there can be a lot of debate on this subject. I will finish it before i comment. BT

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Worked here, took about 15 seconds for the front page open ......awesome video thank you

El Rat

Well Known Member
I saw the Thompson “cars” at Bristol in 1968/69.One red (titanium chassis) and the blue car driven by “on the gas” in the semifinals CKC beat the blue car...well suddenly the blue car was in the finals which they won. Crowd went nuts they knew some funny business went down. They littered the strip with trash I found out later that AHRA and Thompson paid CKC more money to”break” than winners money plus contingency money.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
The first video at Indianapolis is said to be 1966 but there is no Hurst bridge....:wtf If memory serves me the bridge
was constructed between the 65 and 66 Nationals. (I attended the 65 and 66 Nats and for the next 25 years straight and am pretty sure the bridge was new for 66.)...:ebay
If that is true then Fryberger correcting the announcer's statement that Snow's car is a 65 (Fryberger said it is a 66) is incorrect.

Great shots from back in the day, great memories from a fun time....:cool: