Garage wall, does it need a personal touch ??

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I love my toy shed, but I'm sickIMG_20161209_085433305_HDR.jpg IMG_20161209_085358926_HDR.jpg of this flood crap, 15" in September in it. Carpenters got done the other day so am cleaning up the sawdust and putting things back together again. Still have a storage stall in town to bring back.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Are you staying there ,or still thinking of moving??? Did they gut the inside???

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Wow! Can't imagine the situation that creates. We built four homes. Every one is located on top of a hill. Call me paranoid but........ I don't need the rebuild practice excess water can provide. Looks like your on the road to recovery. Insurance probably doesn't cover everything. Not moving into known tornado areas either. Can anyone imagine seeing your life's work flat on the ground covering five acres ? Good luck getting things back to normal.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Are you staying there ,or still thinking of moving??? Did they gut the inside???[/QUOTE

They replaced 2 feet. A land deal fell through I was working on, but we are still looking for a different place. Hard to fit our parameters.

Wow! Can't imagine the situation that creates. We built four homes. Every one is located on top of a hill. Call me paranoid but........ I don't need the rebuild practice excess water can provide. Looks like your on the road to recovery. Insurance probably doesn't cover everything. Not moving into known tornado areas either. Can anyone imagine seeing your life's work flat on the ground covering five acres ? Good luck getting things back to normal.

A hill is a good place to build. My place was built in 1978. It flooded the first time in 2008. That flood eclipsed the old record by 5 1/2 feet. The one in September was still two feet over the old record. I'll post some pics sometime on my plan for the next flood. Building a dike is way too messy, but beats a wet house.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Worked once with an old guy (probably he was my age now), he used to say "when I was a young fella I could piss over a car, now all I do is piss on my shows".