Gas Prices

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I received a letter from Progressive about a discount or rebate for the vehicles not including the “investment” cars as a friend referrers to them. I’ll reread that one again as I initially thought it was another bill!!! The show stuff is Condon Skelly although Progressive does offer agreed policies but the issue of using a conventional insurance company comes if the vehicle has a non total incident they believe a conventional auto body repair center to bond it up and spot paint and clear coat
Robert

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
I got to "experience" $1.94 as the lowest. I took most of my toys out for a full tank treatment during this anyway. They are all gassed up and ready for some serious cruising! :driver

Even one of my insurance company's gave me some money back. (Allstate) I got $10 in April and another this month! Wow, imagine that! An insurance company GIVING money back is about as rare as an honest politician. (the rarest of all)

Speaking of Allstate insurance. When I bought my RAM a couple months ago, was reading a RAM forum and it was mentioned that Allstate was giving a $250 rebate. All you had to do was fill out an online form. Yea right. Googled and found form. They acknowledged receipt and during the process of waiting, kept me informed of my rebate standing with about 3-4 emails. Last email stated check was on the way by Priority mail. Received the $250 check in the mail a couple days ago. The kicker - I don’t have or have never had Allstate insurance! So, here’s an insurance company sending me $250 for buying a new pickup. Will help pay for tonneau cover.

Fuzz

MAGA

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
My youngest son Mark, convinced me to switch to Allstate Insurance, back in 1999. :dunnoIt was a Biker Buddy of his, that ran the business. Never a problem in 10 or so years.:clap We even had our Homeowners with them. After Mike left Allstate, I was forced to insure with an office, closer to my house. Every other year, my rates went up.:bangI never, had an accident or any claim. :doh It kept going on, every couple years. Every time, I seen an Allstate commercial on TV, I figured, I was paying for it. The business changed hands, and the new Allstate owner raised my rates, almost immediately.:thumbdown I called them up, and disputed my bill. Oh, we're sorry, there has been many claims in the USA lately. Blah, blah, blah. I told the A$$hole on the phone,"my wife and I are both retired, and we don't drive 5 miles a day" We're sorry sir. "So am I ":finger I'm going to GEICO tomorrow. Immediately saved $ 73.00 0n a 6 month policy. A couple month's went by, and I was getting insurance estimates, from different Allstate agents, trying to lure me back. Not a chance.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My youngest son Mark, convinced me to switch to Allstate Insurance, back in 1999. :dunnoIt was a Biker Buddy of his, that ran the business. Never a problem in 10 or so years.:clap We even had our Homeowners with them. After Mike left Allstate, I was forced to insure with an office, closer to my house. Every other year, my rates went up.:bangI never, had an accident or any claim. :doh It kept going on, every couple years. Every time, I seen an Allstate commercial on TV, I figured, I was paying for it. The business changed hands, and the new Allstate owner raised my rates, almost immediately.:thumbdown I called them up, and disputed my bill. Oh, we're sorry, there has been many claims in the USA lately. Blah, blah, blah. I told the A$$hole on the phone,"my wife and I are both retired, and we don't drive 5 miles a day" We're sorry sir. "So am I ":finger I'm going to GEICO tomorrow. Immediately saved $ 73.00 0n a 6 month policy. A couple month's went by, and I was getting insurance estimates, from different Allstate agents, trying to lure me back. Not a chance.
Sounds all too familiar. I cannot for some reason remember what insurance company I had, however I had them for over 13 years. I purchased a new boat in 99. They wanted $1200 dollars plus I could only use it in either saltwater or fresh water. I said, what about the Delta, they looked at me funny. I said it brackish, you know a mixture. Anyway, I called Allstate. They insured the boat for $400, and then cut my motorcycles in half, and the cars went down significantly. I did not believe them so I took my policy and did a line by line comparison with them. It was great for about 5 or 6 years. Then they started creeping up the price. I had no tickets or accidents. I did finally get a speeding ticket. The rate went up again. I didn't say anything, waited the 3 years and had a talk. They told me in about 6 months I was entitled to another discount and the ticket would be off the new premium. I would be lower. Not at all, it went up. I seriously need to shop around, again. However the last time I did, no one beat their prices.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have found with insurance the rate creep each year is common with all companies I have dealt with. I end up changing companies every 4 or 5 years. They also keep merging and the choices get fewer. I’ve never had a claim, had 1 speeding ticket since 1993, usually keep my cars for 10 years, but my rates keep going up. Thieves.