Gas Prices

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When I got my license in 1962, gas at the Mobil station, was $ 0.17.9 a gallon for Regular.:cloud I used to bring, Beer and Soda bottles back to the store for deposit.:clap

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I’m pretty sure 260 was blue; looked “purty” in that glass fuel filter bowl.
Yes I believe your right the, but I remember it being blue that had a purple tint to it. I was putting it in my Corvette that had a large fuel opening and when you looked down into the tank it looked purple.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
It sucks to be an airline right now. They purchase fuel in advance, almost a speculative thing. Many bought when oil was $55 per barrel, now it's $23. They are commited to the the former. If that continues look for the airlines to go bankrupt by end of May. And look for our government to bail them out as they did the auto industry during the last Recession :(.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
For those of you not paying attention. The Gov has decided to build its fuel reserve. Meaning you will pay more for fuel soon. Get it cheap while you can. Caseys in Ankney is now $1.55 and across the street from me is $1.97 Caseys. I drove 2 miles to save .42 cents a gallon. Bought 45 gallons.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The fuel the Government is buying is to top of the National Fuel Reserve. Don't see why this will have any affect on consumer gas prices.
So you think the Gov pulling millions of gallons of fuel out of public use wont effect the availability of fuel for the rest of us? JetA will jump then diesel. Then AV gas and whatever you stick in your tank. Supply and demand dictates that when there is great demand with the same supply that prices go up.