Gas Prices

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Just dropped to 1.67 now. Must be even cheaper in town, generally it takes a few days for the price by my house to catch up.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I still don't understand the gas pricing scenario. It's so low in the small market areas and double price in large markets. Plus the gas has to be transported much farther to the small markets which adds cost. Don't understand.:scratch

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Some stations here are still over $3.00 but everybody is pretty much parked. At least compared to usual.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
"Zone"pricing,state,local,and federal taxes have a lot to do with the variation Mike.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
"Zone"pricing,state,local,and federal taxes have a lot to do with the variation Mike.

On the surface but remove all taxes and it's still quite cheaper in the smaller markets. I mentioned before but the prime example was when I was going somewhere and stopped at Calif gas station near Az border and decided to go over to Az to fill up, even followed the gas tanker that just unloaded in Calif and same tanker unloaded at Az station and their gas was well under Calif price even exceeding the difference in taxes. Calif refineries service Az and probably Nev maybe more also and all their gas is cheaper

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
March 17th i went to see my daughter and grandson in Big Spring which is 300 miles west of Dallas. There is a Alon USA refinery 250 yards of I-20 at the exit to my daughters house. Best price for Diesel in Big Spring was $2.31 at Walmart. I bought Diesel for $2.12 a hundred miles east of Big spring. Diesel at the time was 2.19 in Dallas. Even reg. gas was .25 a gallon more than Dallas.:dunno2

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The gas companies charge according to the "zone" into which one buys the gas.In northern Va.[the Alexandria area] gas was higher than what it was in say Manassas[30 miles west] by as much as 10 cents.