Gasoline Recommendation

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Man I feel for you guys that have to put up with ethanol in everything. I run 98 non-ethanol in my 62 and it runs a peach. In Aussie land we have 91, 95 and 98 without ethanol and 91 and 94 with ethanol. The 91 with and without ethanol is what just about everyone uses in their new econoboxes but luckily for me, 98 without ethanol is available at 90% of all gas stations in the country. Unfortunately it's $1.65 AUD per liter, which would equal $4.20 per gal converted to $USD, but I don't care, it's cheap thrills as far as I'm concerned.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Just a short note of thanks for everyone that has given their opinions. I was able to get lucky and have a small container with me while near the track when the guys were there working and had time to open the fuel pumps. So I have enough for the Lake George concours event for the 61 SS, Hershey and Virginia Beach for the 62 SS. I am considering Ray's suggestion of getting a few containers and heading down to Tommy's and loading up at his town and seeing his ever changing inventory. I am guessing if doing a full show schedule next year 10 gallons +/- should work. I will also be considering using Av gas as that is an easy purchase around here. W Head all of my cars have the original "stone" filter element in the glass bowl so I don't think that will be an issue as Av gas and some plastics appear to be the issue.
I liked the fuel co-op comment but.... What is a fuel co-op? I know the big distribution dealer here as his fuel barges are up the river every other day to his tank farm where it is distributed and blended and additives added for the various brands. That whole operation is another discussion item in itself. As Ray knows I can reach out and almost touch the big barges as they go loaded upriver past my house and garage.
I can drive a few miles and load containers with non ethanol but I do worry that the tanker that delivers it has ethanol in it! Also the staleness time does concern me as it's shelf life is much less than a year unlike LL 100 or Sunoco Racing gas.
Thanks Guys
Robert