Gasser style hood scoop

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The one I have looked like that , off a 59 heavy duty ford truck. Early models of this had the chrome grill, later were painted. It’s on my 63.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
That is a little pricey but I bet he sells it. I have one on my 63 Catalina. In 1963 I bought a 63 Impala SS with the 400 horse 409, went straight to my local Ford dealer and ordered one of those scoops, they were two piece, the scoop and the grille, the grille was available chromed or painted. Also had one on my 62 Impala, they fit perfectly on between the ribs on the 62 hood.
They were also used on the 63 SD Pontiac drag race cars, supposedly Pontiac purchased some of them from Ford and issued them a Pontiac part number, well you have all heard that story, a story that I believe is hogwash!2 2  63 cat calendar.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
This is the 62 Impala that I installed the working scoop on, I cut the hole in the hood and installed the scoop. I used a rubber for a 1970 LS-6 Chevelle on the breather. Turn the filter element upside down which leaves the top of the breather open. Functional hood scoop62 impal;a hood scoop.JPGhood scoop breather.JPGhood scoop inside.JPG